Please do not post email addresses, business names, the last names of people, or outside links. Please read our Privacy Policy Here: Privacy Policy



Post Reply 
I met a girl but . . .
Author Message
Chris8 Offline
Prayer Warrior
***
Registered

Posts: 14,537
Joined: Feb 2011
Post: #3
RE: I met a girl but . . .

(03-02-2011 01:15 AM)Guest Wrote:  I know that there are many out here with severe issues and that my situation is relatively meaningless when I compare it to what others are going through.

Here goes:

I am single, never-married, and have not had a girlfriend in a bazillion years. I am over 40 and that's all I'll say for now. Yes, this gets even more ridiculous. Within the past several months, I have met a woman and we have spent countless hours on the phone talking. We have also been activity partners, but it has all been very innocent. (a friendly hug here and there.) She is very much interested in me.

Here is where the problem lies: She cringes at the very idea of God and church. She understands me and just about every part of me like no one I've ever met before. She just doesn't get the "God" part. Sometimes she seems open to learn but most of the time, she just freaks out. In fact, she has even very subtly mocked me for it on a few occasions. Sometimes, she has been downright disrepectful toward others and me. Even with having said the above, this woman treats me better than 95% of the "Christian" women in the church.

To be honest, I am a little emotionally attached at this point. I don't totally understand why this person has entered my life or what I or she is supposed to learn. I am doing my best to be an ambassador for Christ, but I sense that this relationship/friendship could be a harmful one and will end in severe hurt and eventually in disaster. I'm not trying to be melodramatic. This is what I sense. I guess I need divine wisdom on my role in this relationship and if I should even be a part of it. I fear I have been making a huge mistake by letting it take the course it has taken. It's just I have been waiting faithfully for the right one for such a long time and I am trying so hard to be open-minded about the people who enter my life.

Sorry for the long post, but this could be a life-changing situation for me.

Thanks.

AGIA

I'll never been married 'till now and I think I understand you AGIA,a little at least.
It is very important to have wisdom from the Lord because only Him know the heart of a man or woman.
Dear Lord,please give us wisdom with whom to be friends,please bring light in our minds that we can be sure whom is Your will to married with, because The Lord knows the hearts.
Thank You Lord.

Warrior Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection.For them the second death holds no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him a thousand years.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2019 02:40 AM by Chris8.)
03-02-2011 04:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Post Reply 


[-]
Quick Reply
Message
Type your reply to this message here.


Image Verification
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.

Messages In This Thread
I met a girl but . . . - Guest - 03-02-2011, 01:15 AM
RE: I met a girl but . . . - Guest - 03-02-2011, 01:53 AM
RE: I met a girl but . . . - Chris8 - 03-02-2011 04:44 AM
RE: I met a girl but . . . - Guest - 03-02-2011, 09:50 AM
RE: I met a girl but . . . - Guest - 10-27-2018, 04:13 PM
RE: I met a girl but . . . - Guest - 10-28-2018, 05:03 PM