Please do not post email addresses, business names, the last names of people, or outside links. Please read our Privacy Policy Here: Privacy Policy



Post Reply 
Thanksgiving and other news
Author Message
Guest
Unregistered

 
Post: #44
RE: Thanksgiving and other news

Mel-S Wrote:
adoring1 Wrote:Father, your word teaches us that we are not to be unequally yoked. Help Mel to focus her prayers as your word teaches. You are a God who does things decently and in order. You will not give us a stone if we ask for bread and you will not give us love that leads to the sacrament of marriage with one who does not know you. Marriage could happen certainly as it has among many unequally yoked believers...but sadly most fail and fail utterly. Father, marriage is so important to you that you performed the first one yourself by uniting Adam with a woman made from his rib. Both knew you because you walked with them...but their disobedience brought sin and strife into the world and man has struggled severely ever since. I pray that you would bring this man to yourself that Mel's prayer for reconciliation with this young man may be heard by you. I pray that Mel would surrender to your will in this important matter and pray with all her might for this man's salvation...and that she put her prayers for reconciliation far behind this central mission. You can not go against your own word Father and cannot answer this prayer under these conditions. I pray that you would bind the enemy that he does not bring this man to Mel in an unsaved state as this will predestine this relationship for failure. Father in your love for Mel and for this man...save him that he might become the Spiritual head of a woman and family that Mel wants and deserves as a child of the king. I ask this of you in full belief that you will bring him to yourself...and I plead that you would give Mel patience and obedience to your word to wait until you have accomplished this in this man's life which is the most important mission you have for each of us as men and women... to become one with you and not be left to die and suffer eternally without hope for anything but total and complete separation from you and to suffer with Satan and the other enemies of God. In Jesus name...Amen!

...Thanks adoring1... this is the man I want to marry... and I don't want him to go to hell either... i want us together forever more... just him and no one else... please... continue to pray for this... this is really what i want in my life... Cry

Mark 10:27 "And Jesus looking upon them saith, 'With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.'"

Mel,

What you said earlier really struck me as really really wrong. The Lord does not set us up with "loop-holes" to trap us in. He doesn't do that--Satan would have us to believe that, but in truth, the devil is the one who thinks in a cunniving manner--Not God. The verse that I sighted above is to show you something--I think you ought to mediate over it, because it was something the Lord showed me while I was considering the verses you sighted earlier. With the Lord nothing is impossible--however, if the Lord does not want it, the opposite must apply. Without good EVERYTHING is impossible. You say that this man is not a christian--which I can totally empathize with. My friend is not saved either and I remember praying continually for that. Unfortunately, I have been backslidden and haven't been praying for it, but I know that the Lord still works on him and that it is His desire to see him saved. That's the Lord's desire for everyone: the Father would have no one to perish. However, the relationship may not be what He wants for you.

Yes, it is true that the Lord will grant you the desires of your heart, but as some others have probably said--they need to line up with His word. Perhaps this isn't happening now because he isn't saved--that is entirely possible. The Lord would not have you to be unequally yoked with an unbeliever--I think that would make you miserable if you were. However, maybe the Lord does not want you to wait on him--I definately think you need to wait on the Lord, however. Wait and ask for His guidence--ask Him to show you His will. You see, the Lord ultimately wants your heart to line up with his, just as David's did--after all, he was a man after God's own heart. Are you seeking the Lord--and I don't mean just asking for what you want...are you seeking what He wants for you? I know that's a hard pill to swallow, because I've done it. Now, I'm not saying that it won't happen--if the Lord is in it perhaps it will. However, you need to seek Him first.

Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." First you need to seek God, because the Lord knows your need. The need that you are seeking now is the need of a mate. He wants you to have that--He would like for you to have the mate He has chosen for you. However, we have our own free will as well. Have you ever thought that it may be possible that you picked the man that the Lord doesn't want for you? I'm asking you to play devil's advocate, I know (no pun intended), but you need to see both sides of the coin, so to speak. That's what I did. In my situation I found that when I sought out the Lord, He didn't want me to be with my friend--oh, I wanted it so badly. There were so many times that I would rather fantasize about my own doom than think of a life without him, however, I realized that such thinking was unhealthy. Also, I found out that the Lord didn't want me to feel that way. He wanted me to see that I had been in the wrong by picking the wrong man. The devil had strayed me from the path that He wanted for me and I ended up getting hurt. However, the Lord turned my curse into a blessing in that I got the blessing of a new friend--a dear friend.

I am now seeking the man that the Lord would have for me--now I am praying that He brings only the one who will be meant for me ultimately. When I started dating the young man I've been describing, I didn't understand how crucial it was to have the Lord at the center of the relationship, but through that the Lord taught me how important He is in my life. In my mistake He taught me humbleness and to truly "Seek Him first." I didn't seek Him first. Many times I cried out for what I thought was the perfect boyfriend and this friend fit all my criteria that I had laid out since I was fourteen. I had prayed for it! Just like the Israelites who cried out for a worldly king and were granted one, I was granted my wish. However, I learned from that that I should have been seeking the Lord in the first place. The Israelites found out that their king was flawed and had they been satisfied with the Lord as their king they wouldn't have gone through the hardships they did. I found out that I didn't want what I thought I "wanted."

In seeking the Lord first, He will provide your need and the bible speaks many times about our "cup running over." I am sure that if He can provide my needs, then my TRUE wants will be fulfilled.

So that is my advice: seek the Lord first. Remember, you yourself sighted Psalm 37:4 "Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shaall give thee the desires of thine heart." There is no loop-hole. First you have to delight yourself in the Lord--You have to be content in Him. If you aren't content in the Lord and seeking His direction then you may be tempted to ask something of Him that is against His will. However, if you seek Him first, then He will gladly provide for you.

The Lord loves you and knows that you have wanted this for so long and I know it hurts so bad--I have been there, whether you believe it or not, I have. From the bottom of my heart, I completely empathize. The Lord empathizes in that He is rejected by billions of people every day who want nothing to do with Him although He willingly sacrificed His Son on the cross. Remember that the next time you pray for this--He loves you and only wants the best for you.

So, if you want some real answers to your questions, go to the Lord and be bold enough--brave enough to ask what He wants for you. Again, I hope that I haven't been too harsh. As always, I come in love and not to fight with you. I hope that I have been somewhat of help to you.

Here for you.
Lost Love
11-29-2010 10:25 PM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Post Reply 


[-]
Quick Reply
Message
Type your reply to this message here.


Image Verification
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.

Messages In This Thread
Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-23-2010, 05:36 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - adoring1 - 11-23-2010, 06:56 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-23-2010, 06:59 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-23-2010, 08:27 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 11-23-2010, 09:42 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 11-24-2010, 02:19 AM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-24-2010, 09:15 AM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-24-2010, 09:27 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 11-24-2010, 09:31 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-25-2010, 09:28 AM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 11-25-2010, 10:50 AM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-25-2010, 10:25 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-26-2010, 04:27 AM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 11-26-2010, 12:14 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-26-2010, 12:43 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 11-28-2010, 12:14 AM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-26-2010, 01:05 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 11-26-2010, 03:57 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - adoring1 - 11-26-2010, 07:12 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-26-2010, 08:50 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-27-2010, 01:53 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 11-27-2010, 02:02 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - adoring1 - 11-27-2010, 05:42 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-27-2010, 08:17 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-28-2010, 04:38 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 11-28-2010, 05:47 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 11-28-2010, 08:47 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-28-2010, 10:08 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 11-28-2010, 10:50 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-28-2010, 11:39 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 11-29-2010, 02:41 AM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 11-29-2010, 07:49 AM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 11-28-2010, 11:44 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - adoring1 - 11-29-2010, 02:16 AM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-29-2010, 10:02 AM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 11-29-2010, 10:57 AM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 11-29-2010, 11:14 AM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-29-2010, 03:26 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 11-29-2010, 04:29 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - adoring1 - 11-29-2010, 06:28 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-29-2010, 06:45 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - adoring1 - 11-29-2010, 07:48 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-29-2010, 09:27 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 11-29-2010 10:25 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-30-2010, 12:57 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 11-30-2010, 01:25 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-30-2010, 02:40 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 11-30-2010, 02:52 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 11-30-2010, 07:06 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - adoring1 - 11-30-2010, 08:04 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 12-01-2010, 12:15 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 12-01-2010, 12:54 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 12-01-2010, 01:45 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 12-01-2010, 05:09 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Mel-S - 12-01-2010, 09:14 PM
RE: Thanksgiving and other news - Guest - 12-02-2010, 08:15 AM