Please do not post email addresses, business names, the last names of people, or outside links. Please read our Privacy Policy Here: Privacy Policy



Post Reply 
Just a random request/question
Author Message
telos2004
Unregistered

 
Post: #1
Just a random request/question

There's been something on my mind, for the last 7-ish years. My mom, her friends, and the churches she belongs to have all been praying for me to turn straight. In this 7 year period, I've tried to physically force myself to like women...even turning to Christianity, in order to change myself. I only wanted to make my mom happy, in finding a girlfriend. But, to no avail. Is it normal for a few dozen people to pray for 7 years, and have that prayer go (for the most part) unanswered? If not, then I'm not against others praying for my case.
03-15-2009 03:06 PM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
byhisgrace
Unregistered

 
Post: #2
RE: Just a random request/question

I would suggest, instead of trying to make your mom happy or others happy. Why do you not try this , even if you do not desire to change, as it worked for me, in a sin I struggled with , that I did not want to change or give up.

I prayed this simple prayer:

Dear Jesus,

I am not willing to change right now, but I ask that you give me the willingness to change.

Amen.

It has been almost 7 years , through that simple prayers, God did give me the willingness to change, and the strength to conquer that sin in my life that was not only hurting me , but also my loved ones. Just like you , for years , many people prayed for me, and just like you, I tried to change for them, it did not last, but when I wanted to truly change , as I knew what I was doing was a sin, even though I loved the sin at the time, God did amazing and wonderful things in my life. Now 7 years later, I see how satan had me so trapped in that sin , and had my head full of his lies. Jesus loves you, and you are so blessed to have many praying for you. Jesus wants you to live an abundant , victorious life, just trust , surrender and even if you are not willing, pray for willingness.

Our prayers will be with you.

Be blessed.
03-15-2009 06:00 PM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Post Reply 


[-]
Quick Reply
Message
Type your reply to this message here.


Image Verification
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.