I told you readers about my prayer time sitting on a rock just off the main bike path in a quiet place of the woods. God has given me an awesome talent to express experiences, encouragement, and the like in poetry. Here is the one He gave me from this experience. It made the day even more special!
SITTING ON A ROCK
Riding down a trail that day, burdened with a care,
Spying a small path, I trod, and a rock was sitting there.
Just my size and smooth to sit in quiet in that place,
I sat down to talk with God and thank Him for His grace.
We had such a precious time as I poured out my need,
I asked Him for a miracle as there I then did plead.
Just for now I wanted Him to go beyond my means
And meet this special need I had—and I felt so serene.
The more I talked and sang right there, the closer He became;
I thought about that rock right there as I prayed in His name.
He is my Rock of Ages true, on Him I firmly stand;
He shelters me from every storm, I'm safely in His hand.
Yes, sitting on a rock that day was experience of peace
As the special needs I had right then by faith to Him released.
Somehow I knew He'd meet them all in His own time and way,
As I sitting on a rock that day I'd taken time to pray.
I continue to make progress with my sleep machine (BIPAP). Overcoming the noise of airflow is the biggest challenge, along with getting it in just the right position. But yesterday I did finally get into a sound sleep TWICE while it was running. Pray that soon I will be able to sleep the entire night soundly while it is helping me breathe. I believe if God has led me to this, He will bring me through it.
AND THANKS more than words can say for everyone out there who has responded and prayed for me and my needs. I lift yours all up now as well. Lord, please be with those who have posted special needs today and meet them according to Your perfect will and time. Thank You for those who are praying for me.
