Please do not post email addresses, business names, the last names of people, or outside links. Please read our Privacy Policy Here: Privacy Policy



Post Reply 
Daughter needs prayers
Author Message
Branrx Offline
Junior Member
***
Registered

Posts: 4
Joined: Jun 2017
Post: #1
Daughter needs prayers

I need prayers for my daughter who is spiraling down with drugs. She just turned 17 and her heart is callused. It's breaking my heart and I feel there is nothing I can do. Please pray that God opens her heart towards recovery and a relationship with him.
06-17-2017 04:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Guest
Unregistered

 
Post: #2
RE: Daughter needs prayers

Dear Lord help this young woman to find you and accept you as her Lord and Savior. Clean her from all her addictions as you have your perfect will done in her life. Make her a great witness for you to help others, and to draw them to you. Give this parent the wisdom to deal with this situation, your peace, and strength from above. All mighty God I know you can clean her and help her, we pray this and thank you in advance in the precious name of Jesus Christ, amen.
06-17-2017 07:50 PM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Branrx Offline
Junior Member
***
Registered

Posts: 4
Joined: Jun 2017
Post: #3
RE: Daughter needs prayers

(06-17-2017 07:50 PM)Guest Wrote:  Dear Lord help this young woman to find you and accept you as her Lord and Savior. Clean her from all her addictions as you have your perfect will done in her life. Make her a great witness for you to help others, and to draw them to you. Give this parent the wisdom to deal with this situation, your peace, and strength from above. All mighty God I know you can clean her and help her, we pray this and thank you in advance in the precious name of Jesus Christ, amen.


Thank you
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2017 08:33 PM by Branrx.)
06-17-2017 08:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Amaze0707 Offline
Member
***
Registered

Posts: 59
Joined: Nov 2016
Post: #4
RE: Daughter needs prayers

I'm so sorry to hear of your situation. I wonder if you have you sought professional counseling for your daughter. If not, please do so together as a family. I know that Focus on the Family can provide a free phone consultation with a licensed counselor if you call this number 855-382-5433.

Heavenly Father, thank you so much for loving this family with an incomprehensible love. Please walk with them through this dark and troubling time as they seek your deliverance. Surround them with Your grace and peace in the coming days. In Your name, Amen.
06-18-2017 08:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
TheStrongWave Offline
Senior Member
***
Registered

Posts: 259
Joined: Oct 2016
Post: #5
RE: Daughter needs prayers

Your love and concern for your daughter is very evident in what you shared. You’re not alone, friend. Even in families that are closely knit and hold strong values there are no guarantees that substance abuse won’t affect one or more of the children. In dealing with situations of this nature it’s important to keep the following principles in mind. First, don’t deny or ignore the problem -- if you do, it’s likely to get worse. Second, don’t allow yourself to succumb to false guilt -- most parents assume a great deal of self-blame when an addiction surfaces in their home. Third, don’t look for or expect quick-fix solutions. Remember that there will be no complete healing until your daughter learns to assume responsibility for her own actions. This could be a long process requiring a great deal of faith and patience on your part.

You’ve also got to hold on to hope. Effective help is available to anyone who is willing to do the legwork of investigating the options. I suggest that you seek professional counseling for your teenager, and I highly recommend that you do this together as a family. The most successful treatment programs take a family systems approach that involves intensive evaluation and a series of counseling sessions offered in an environment of community and accountability.

As the situation escalates, you may need to present your daughter with a number of options. These might include entering an inpatient drug-treatment center, a halfway house, a boot-camp program or youth home, or staying with a relative or another family who is willing to accept her for a defined period of time. If you continue to shield her from the consequences of her behavior or bail her out when her drug abuse gets her into trouble, she will not be motivated to change, and you will be left with deep-seated anger and frustration.

I’m certainly praying for your daughter, that the Lord will free her from the hold that drugs has on her life. God loves you and your daughter with an incomprehensible love, and He has promised to walk with you through this troubling time. May His grace and peace surround you, sustain you, and guard your heart and mind in the days ahead.
06-20-2017 08:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Guest
Unregistered

 
Post: #6
RE: Daughter needs prayers

Oh Lord, in those halfway houses you know some of the girls can get raped, also get into worse company. It would be like sending them into a house of lions. Sometimes people mean well with their advises but they are not for everyone. Lord help this parent with their addicted daughter, depart from their daughter all kind of addictions. Direct them to where they can get the help they need as your perfect will is done in her life and this situation. In Jesus precious name I pray amen.
Yes, do seek help for her, but keep her away from those halfway homes.
06-21-2017 06:36 AM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Guest
Unregistered

 
Post: #7
RE: Daughter needs prayers

Lord I thank you and I give you praise. Father forgive us of our sins as we forgive others. Lord Jesus please bring this young adult to the end of herself. Lord paint her into a corner and rescue her from drug addiction. Bring her to a place where she is determined to quite by her own decisions. Do this quickly father. Lord bless her family and help them to be firm in faith and strong in forgiveness. Thank you Father for answering these prayers. I ask them all in Jesus name. Amen.
06-21-2017 08:21 AM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Guest
Unregistered

 
Post: #8
RE: Daughter needs prayers

There is a place in NY run by a Christian Organization who works with females from all over the country. They area non-profit organization which is well know for helping so many of them who were addicts. It's called Walter Hoving Home NY, I;m sure if you are not near them, they can help you find a place like theirs for your daughter near you.
Lord help this parent to find a good place for her daughter, and bring her out of her addiction. Also touch her heart so she can accept you at her Lord and savior. I pray this in Jesus name amen.
06-21-2017 02:06 PM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Branrx Offline
Junior Member
***
Registered

Posts: 4
Joined: Jun 2017
Post: #9
RE: Daughter needs prayers

Thank you all so much for the advice and prayers. We are currently working with outpatient treatment and if need be we will go inpatient if needed. I have thought my own worry are getting in the way. I'm so empathetic that her hurt becomes my own and it makes me a lousy father.

I just need lots of prayers but I am trying to utilize all resources as necessary. I just wish she could open her heart to a greater power.
06-22-2017 01:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Guest
Unregistered

 
Post: #10
RE: Daughter needs prayers

Dear Heavenly Father i lift this man and his daughter up to you in prayer. I pray that she be cured of her addiction and that the forces and people that tempt her are removed. Father please help this man in dealing with his daughter, may his words be Your words, his ears be Your ears, his hands be Your hands, and his heart be Your heart. Lord please surround them both with compassion and peace and health. I ask this in Jesus holy name. Amen
06-23-2017 10:39 AM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Post Reply 


[-]
Quick Reply
Message
Type your reply to this message here.


Image Verification
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.