Please do not post email addresses, business names, the last names of people, or outside links. Please read our Privacy Policy Here: Privacy Policy

Stressful situation in the house
guest..
Unregistered

Stressful situation in the house

My mother has very mild dementia and she can be contrary. Tonight she turned on me and I was distressed and reactive and my brother's sleep was disturbed who became angry because I involved him. I didnt know how to deal with her so I woke him. Looking back I should have stayed calm and waited for her contrary mood to pass. I have been trying to care for her but she is not always cooperative and sometimes I feel stuck about how to deal with it, and when she turns on me I get very hurt.
Please pray my brother will sleep well and not be angry and despite her problems my mother will somehow see that she has to cooperate as regards hygiene etc- if she doesn't it means things have to change for her and us all- we were doing quite ok and I love her very much but I cannot force her and though she doesnt want strangers caring for her- - that is what will need to happen if she doesn't go along with my effort to care for her. Even when she was younger she was stubborn and proud, and maybe its these qualites she needs to let go of. Apart from this she has very special qualities and I know I am not perfect either. But her resistance is causing distress and is ultimately making life difficult for herself too. I am sorry I was reactive tonight -please pray God in His mercy will bring a change of attitudes and a peace to all our hearts and bring good out of this. Romans 8:28- For God works all things together for good for those who love Him.
01-09-2023 08:09 PM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Unregistered

RE: Stressful situation in the house

Lord bring peace, good health both physical, mentally, spiritual, understanding, and forgiveness into this household.
I pray in Jesus mighty name, amen.
01-12-2023 11:00 AM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.