Please do not post email addresses, business names, the last names of people, or outside links. Please read our Privacy Policy Here: Privacy Policy

Spouse
Unregistered

Spouse

I've been encouraged by words from God about my long-term prayers for a spouse. But as time goes by I get tempted to loose faith in God conserning this and want to do my own thing like Abraham and Sara. Please pray for me.
12-02-2007 02:57 AM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
joelle
Unregistered

RE: Spouse

Dear Guest,
Trust me on this one, you don't wanna go there. Twocents It didn't work too good for Sarah and Abraham....What a mess with Abraham sleeping with Hagar and Sarah getting jealous of Hagar and all...... Seriously though, I did the same thing too and didn't wait on God and made my own plans and it was a mess.Cry (Thank God for His Mercy and grace)It could've been worse. The Lord is slowly restoring and healing things (I am still married by the way) but it hasn't been easy and it has been a HUGE lesson to learn that what you start in the flesh you will have to work out in the flesh and it is SO HARD when God isn't in it. Stop praying, God heard you the FIRST time you asked Him. Now just keep thanking Him for that wonderful mate that HE is bringing to you in HIS TIME and in the meantime just enjoy your singleness(is that a word?) :icon_cool:Life changes alot once you are married and you'll be so glad that you really enjoyed your time alone. Use this time to get close to the Lord in greater ways. The Lord may still be preparing you and your future husband. Let Him work it out in his way. It'll happen and when God is in it .....IT'S ALL GOOD.Amen
Hope this Helps! Smile
12-02-2007 07:09 PM
Unregistered

RE: Spouse

Thank you Joelle, for reminding me of our God's faithfullness towards us all, it helped.Icon_biggrin
12-03-2007 01:10 PM

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.