Please do not post email addresses, business names, the last names of people, or outside links. Please read our Privacy Policy Here: Privacy Policy



Post Reply 
Lost Love
Author Message
Guest
Unregistered

 
Post: #71
RE: Lost Love

Dear Lord,

I pray that You would help me to continue to heal. I thank You for the strength You have given during this hard time and for Your encouragement through Your people. I also thank You for helping me to get this far--there were days I just wanted to give up on life itself. But You have seen me through and I thank You for beginning to restore my joy. I thank You that I can now see why this man is not for me--although I do miss some of the things we used to do, I thank You that I can let go and not feel agony and pain like I imagined I would. In fact, I wish I would have let go a long time ago. I pray that You would prepare me for the man You would have me to be with. Please make me available for him, emotionally and spiritually. I ask Lord that You would send him soon and that my wait would be short. I ask that I would be full in You so that I can be full in a relationship with him.

I ask that You would bring me the man You would have for me--a saved man who loves You and who wants Your direction for his life. I ask that he would be the leader he needs to be, as well as a good provider, responsible and mature. I ask that he would be shown to me soon and that in You we would be brought together.

Thank You for all that You will do and for what You've already done. In Christ's name I pray. Amen.
10-22-2010 08:27 AM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Guest
Unregistered

 
Post: #72
RE: Lost Love

Dear Lord,

I thank You for the wisdom You've given me in my situation. I thank You for allowing me to continue my friendship thus far and for working on the heart of my friend. I ask that You would continue to have Your will, Lord. I know that he is hurting--You know the specifics Lord. I pray that he would come to You and seek You in this time--I believe that his depression is for a reason: he doesn't have You. Please, work in his heart as we speak.

Forgive me, Lord, for not having the right heart toward him. I have not prayed for him or others as I should. Forgive me for my faults as a witness--I pray that You would restore me, a wicked sinner. I ask that You would allow me to do better in the future--that You would work through me and change me into the person You would have me to be. Forgive me for being wicked and please help me to be transparent so that only Your light can shine through. Allow my friends to see You in me.

Please also help me to find the person You would have for me, Father. I want to find the man You have for me. I know that I have complained that I do not have a boyfriend--never having one has been especially hard. However, I ask that You would not send just anyone simply to satisfy my immediate want. I ask that You would truly prepare the heart of the man You would have me to be with. Please prepare my heart so that I can be completely healed and fully able to be with him. I pray that no one else would be presented to me--that You would bring me the one man You have for me. Give me the wisdom and knowledge to know him when I finally do see him, Lord and give me the peace to know that it is Your will and not my own.

I ask that if it is possible to send him now that You would--but otherwise, I will wait. I want Your perfect timing and I pray that I would be content with the friends whom You've blessed me with thus far. I ask that they would all come to know You and that especially my friend for whom I speak that You would save him soon--that You would give him a receptive heart for You and that he would see Your face.

I thank You for the support You've given on here Lord and for the support I've had at home. Even when it was tough, I can see that everything happens for a reason.

Thank You for all that You have done and are continuing to do. In Christ's holy name I pray. Amen.
10-29-2010 02:59 PM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
adoring1 Offline
Member Plus
*****
Member Plus

Posts: 6,849
Joined: Jul 2010
Post: #73
RE: Lost Love

Father, I pray for salvation for this young man that this guest has befriended. I pray that you would be with him and lead him to truth and to accepting your Son. I ask that you bring the young man that this woman waits, who was created just for her for in your perfect timing and that you lead her to joyous experiences while she waits. In Jesus name...Amen!
10-30-2010 06:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Guest
Unregistered

 
Post: #74
RE: Lost Love

Update--

I sincerely need prayers for me...I don't mean to be selfish, but it's true. I have been somewhat angry at the Lord--at least I'm fairly certain that's what's been. Lately, I find it difficult to pray...I mean, I can pray over my meals and once in awhile I can pray for others, but I have really struggled to be in deep prayer with the Lord. Now, I'm not justifying my anger--I realize that it is a sin and have known ever since I have identified it. I just need prayer to get over it--I think I've been angry because I didn't get what I wanted...I felt like my prayers for the ONE had been answered when my friend first walked into my life and I know much differently. I am not holding out hope for him, praise the Lord (that's a heavy weight off of my chest that I wish I had gotten rid of long ago), but now I am almost afraid to ask the Lord to send me the One. I want the Lord to bring him to me, but I'm almost afraid that He'll say no...it's stupid and childish. My pastor actually preached on the Lord being a match maker and that we should ask Him to send us that so that we don't have to endure the heartaches of worldly dating. The next day I heard a similar sermon on the television and I'm certain that it wasn't a coincidence.

However, I am still hesitent...my mom and I were talking Sunday night and she said that she recently read a book that suggested that sometimes the Lord wants us to ask Him what to pray for, because He wants to answer those prayers. I have nothing to fear, but I do--like I said, I think I'm angry--there's some wall. I've also been far more negative--I keep saying that I won't find anyone, that it'll never happen or that I've given up. I want to believe that the Lord has someone to bring to me--that He wants to bring the One into my life. I don't want any more possibilities...I want what God would have me to have, because in all honesty I think that the Lord would only have me to have One person...so why waste time with those who are NOT who He would have for me?

Please...I just need prayer. I need prayer for strength, for a soft heart to listen to the Lord and to have the boldness to ask for what He seems to want to give me.

Thank you.

Lost Love77
11-23-2010 09:53 PM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Guest
Unregistered

 
Post: #75
RE: Lost Love

Lord, that this guest walk in YOUR WILL for them.
One of the gifts of discernment is to pay close attention when we are desiring closeness with another, their walk in HIM, if they are free to date, to marry according to the bible. What we want may not be what is right for us biblically. It's a delicate balance, to find just where The Lord Wants us, who he wants us with.
There is no perfection on this earth but in perfecting ourselves to be like HIM, to live in HIS LOVE, an example of Christ by our walk.
I think it's normal to desire to find, "the one," when a person has not been married before. The funny thing is when we find, "the one," often we realize that ultimiately God is The One. He Is Always There For us, Always.
Continue to give praise to HIM. All of the joy you feel, that all encompassing love that you so wish to share with someone else?
Always & Forever, Jesus, is The One, when we are one in HIM.
We can count on that!
Bless Heart

Guest Wrote:Update--

I sincerely need prayers for me...I don't mean to be selfish, but it's true. I have been somewhat angry at the Lord--at least I'm fairly certain that's what's been. Lately, I find it difficult to pray...I mean, I can pray over my meals and once in awhile I can pray for others, but I have really struggled to be in deep prayer with the Lord. Now, I'm not justifying my anger--I realize that it is a sin and have known ever since I have identified it. I just need prayer to get over it--I think I've been angry because I didn't get what I wanted...I felt like my prayers for the ONE had been answered when my friend first walked into my life and I know much differently. I am not holding out hope for him, praise the Lord (that's a heavy weight off of my chest that I wish I had gotten rid of long ago), but now I am almost afraid to ask the Lord to send me the One. I want the Lord to bring him to me, but I'm almost afraid that He'll say no...it's stupid and childish. My pastor actually preached on the Lord being a match maker and that we should ask Him to send us that so that we don't have to endure the heartaches of worldly dating. The next day I heard a similar sermon on the television and I'm certain that it wasn't a coincidence.

However, I am still hesitent...my mom and I were talking Sunday night and she said that she recently read a book that suggested that sometimes the Lord wants us to ask Him what to pray for, because He wants to answer those prayers. I have nothing to fear, but I do--like I said, I think I'm angry--there's some wall. I've also been far more negative--I keep saying that I won't find anyone, that it'll never happen or that I've given up. I want to believe that the Lord has someone to bring to me--that He wants to bring the One into my life. I don't want any more possibilities...I want what God would have me to have, because in all honesty I think that the Lord would only have me to have One person...so why waste time with those who are NOT who He would have for me?

Please...I just need prayer. I need prayer for strength, for a soft heart to listen to the Lord and to have the boldness to ask for what He seems to want to give me.

Thank you.

Lost Love77
11-24-2010 02:40 AM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
terrence300
Unregistered

 
Post: #76
RE: Lost Love

What can I say Dear, love stinks.... I say move on with your life, forget about your past... Just go on with your life meet new people make new friends..... I know just how you feel. I still dream of her often. Its been over 3 years since we broke up. I spent 5 years with her and loved her so intensely that it nearly destroyed me when she left.
11-24-2010 03:02 AM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Guest
Unregistered

 
Post: #77
RE: Lost Love

God Is Love. Loving & loosing in love, teaches us more about love, God's Love, which is Eternal, we are one in HIM. Part of the lessons we learn on this earth is how to love, the dynamics of love & loving which is experienced also in new relationships, at times pushing through difficulties when there is love that remains (a mate, children, family).
It's the totality of, always knowing & trusting, His Will.
This world is fallen, satan is the prince of the air, so we seek to gain by faith not by sight, HIS LOVE, in our joy & pain.
Seeking goodness in others & loving at all times.
Heaven is Home for those called by HIM, our true eternal family.
Christians are students of Christ.
Warrior Heart Thumb

terrence300 Wrote:What can I say Dear, love stinks.... I say move on with your life, forget about your past... Just go on with your life meet new people make new friends..... I know just how you feel. I still dream of her often. Its been over 3 years since we broke up. I spent 5 years with her and loved her so intensely that it nearly destroyed me when she left.
11-24-2010 03:18 AM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
adoring1 Offline
Member Plus
*****
Member Plus

Posts: 6,849
Joined: Jul 2010
Post: #78
RE: Lost Love

Father, please touch this woman's heart and allow her to see clearly what she is going through. In the natural, what she is experiencing would be the natural course of grieving. Among those five stages is anger...and left to our own devices it could fester into something that blocked her relationship with you for a very long time. But the love that you have for us Father never leaves us...we are never left alone and therefore can access the Supernatural Power of you...the living God to help us. Father remove all fear from this woman's heart and lead to ask you how to pray and what to pray for. I pray that she will focus on you and you alone for now as it will complete her healing. I pray that she will ask that you perfect her heart and her Spirit through the blood of the Lamb that when this young man arrives in her life...she will know him...recognize him and be able to trust him as being her gift from you. I pray that that discernment will grow within her also so that she may also avoid those that the enemy will surely send into her life to trick her and divert her from the perfect choice that you have for her. Father I pray for her peace, joy, and contentment that she will allow you to lead her through the next chapter in her life without angst and fear. Father I pray that the work that you are doing within her and the young man you have for her to prepare them for the union you have designed for them will be completed soon that they might meet and begin the journey toward oneness that you have planned for them since before the beginning of the world. In Jesus name...Amen!
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2010 04:29 AM by adoring1.)
11-24-2010 04:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Guest
Unregistered

 
Post: #79
RE: Lost Love

terrence300 Wrote:What can I say Dear, love stinks.... I say move on with your life, forget about your past... Just go on with your life meet new people make new friends..... I know just how you feel. I still dream of her often. Its been over 3 years since we broke up. I spent 5 years with her and loved her so intensely that it nearly destroyed me when she left.

I felt utterly defeated when this happened. It was like it came from no where and I never understood why it happened. I have an idea now, but I couldn't tell you the exact reason for why things went the way they did. Now, I just feel really numb. It's not that I want to hold on to false hope--I just feel like there's a wall built up. It's difficult to meet new people and as I may have stated before, I am almost afraid that the Lord will reject me--like He'll tell me no if I ask for someone else--to ask for the One. I appreciate your prayers and advice. I hope that you can find someone who will make you happy as well.
11-24-2010 09:39 PM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Guest
Unregistered

 
Post: #80
RE: Lost Love

Please continue to pray for me--as I have already told someone else, I have a wall built up. It's like my own personal Jerico and I'm trying to keep out any other possible pains. I know that my relationship with the Lord has not been what it used to be, nor is it anywhere near what it needs to be. I just feel as though I'm afraid to talk to Him--and it's the silliest fear one can have. It's like this is the one subject you don't bring up because you know there will be a fight--I just wish that finding the One didn't feel like chasing a mirage or some sort of fantasy. I really want the person the Lord has for me, but I have no faith that he exists (the person that is, not the Lord). I realize that it has to start with me--I have to step up and make a change.

I think I'll pray tonight--just stop putzing around like I have, feeling sorry for myself. Thank you for your advice, prayers and support. I'll be in touch.

Lost Love
11-24-2010 09:45 PM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Post Reply 


[-]
Quick Reply
Message
Type your reply to this message here.


Image Verification
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.