Please do not post email addresses, business names, the last names of people, or outside links. Please read our Privacy Policy Here: Privacy Policy



Post Reply 
marriage
Author Message
Guest
Unregistered

 
Post: #1
marriage

I'm writing to request prayer over my marriage. I've been married for almost 8 years, and it's been pretty difficult from the beginning. Now I'm concerned that my husband might be having an affair, or at least on the verge of having one. I ask for God's presence in our marriage, and that He would defeat Satan's deceitfulness. Thank you.
09-12-2010 10:43 PM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
adoring1 Offline
Member Plus
*****
Member Plus

Posts: 6,849
Joined: Jul 2010
Post: #2
RE: marriage

My sister, I pray for your comfort and peace...and I hope the prayer below helps you as you pray for your husband.

Father,

Thank you for the realization given this morning about how we pray about our troubled marriages. How I wish I had understood this some years ago when I was praying for my own. Forgive me for praying so selfishly then about what I wanted my ex-husband to do while he was caught up in adultery because of my own broken heart, my EROS love for him and my own pain and desires...that I missed the true mark. Perhaps the growth you have provided over these last 8 years can help others? I pray that it will...and I pray that earnest prayers, from many prayer warriors to reclaim those that have strayed from God will bring movement in many hearts... some of stone and some that are broken... and repair to many homes on the verge of collapse.

Speak life into these marriages. Turn hearts away from fraudulent partners and back to those to whom vows of fidelity were made. Give this husband or wife a rock solid understanding of what he/she is dealing with. This is not a battle with people who influence, other women or other men; it is one against spiritual wickedness among powers and principalities in high places...there is oppression operating against this wife or husband from these powers and principalities to turn their free will against God. They may not recognize it, but as I pray, this is what I am led to say. For the husband or wife of one who has strayed, I pray that he/she understands that there can be no breakthrough until this spouse is right with God. It is not about them loving in an EROS way this spouse they have left behind or the person with whom they are currently involved. It is not about them returning to this marriage or staying in an unholy relationship...rather it is about their returning to a relationship with Christ. Unless and until they recognize that they are in opposition to the Lord...His will and His ways...there will be no change in the current outcome and in fact it may become worse. This fallen spouse believes that their actions are right...okay...in their sight. They believe it as strongly as the one who has been left behind and wants reconciliation believes. He/she has been convinced by this evil oppression that what he/she is doing is somehow justified. As long as this husband/wife who has been left continues the quest, even in prayer for EROS love as their focus...there will be no change in the behavior of the other. By definition EROS love is that which is fueled by selfish desire...we want those we love to love us back, to share intimacy with us and us only...and this is both natural and human and ultimately what God intends in the marriage relationship...but the need within the one that has strayed that will return HIM or HER to righteousness is for AGAPE love to return...loving themselves as God loves them, loving their spouses as God loves them also...continuance of marriage is NOT a condition for AGAPE love...nothing is...it is unconditional. When we pray in this circumstance...we can and should pray for the return of this straying partner to their marriage...but first things first, as our God does things decently and in order. Let us pray for a return of the straying spouse to God...to His principles, to reverence for Him. When we revere God we cannot go against his ways. The heart of stone that currently exists in the breast of the one who is unfaithful is because their conscience has been seared...and continuance of this is exactly what the enemy wants. Let us bombard heaven with prayers to bring the unfaithful ones back to Jesus...let us ask for them to see themselves through the eyes of Jesus...let us ask that they see how HIS spirit is grieved because of their actions, not our own grief...let us ask for them to see that they are throwing His love, His sacrifice out the window due to their own quest for EROs which can and will bring chaos and destruction into their lives and those in their families... as it already has. These unfaithful husbands and wives are beyond the reach of what their spouses want right now...they no longer care about it...they are deeply engaged in her their own selfish quests to have what THEY want. But they are not beyond the reach of God. Let us pray with all our might that those who have broken their vows fall in love with Jesus again! If they do...if they get back into God's order...the order of the decency of God...their free will can be directed again by the Lord of Hosts...and their return to their marriages, where they belong can again become possible. This I believe...and it is this I pray. In Jesus name...Amen!
09-12-2010 10:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Mercygershom Offline
Junior Member
***
Registered

Posts: 3
Joined: Sep 2010
Post: #3
RE: marriage

I am almost in the same place right now. I have been married for more than 5 years and I just saw a text message on my husband's mobile that he sent to a friend that's not so friendly. I am heart broken. He said that he made a vow to the Lord that he won't cheat on me or betray my trust and if he ever does that he will be a beggar on that street, yet he is doing this behind my back. He is always on net and we hardly have any personal time together. Though we have our regular family prayers, it's not deeper and meaninful, we pray for the sake of praying. I am heart broken and I really don't know what he is upto. I am not sure if Divorce is the only option, he hates me. He shouts at me for no reason, he avoids being with me for longer period of time. I don't have anyone to go to other our Lord..

I understand what you may be going through. My prayers are with you. Dear Lord, help us to understand your divine purpose in our lives. We may be see the temporary problems that may seem like mountains, but you by our side, we can overcome any big difficulties. Help us Lord to pray fervently for our spouses and win their love back. In Jesus Precious name we pray. Amen
09-13-2010 11:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Jena08 Offline
Junior Member
***
Registered

Posts: 48
Joined: Aug 2010
Post: #4
RE: marriage

I feel for you guys, my marriage didn't last. My husband got upset when I told him that I was pregnant. He would curse me, leave me when I was so swollen that I couldn't walk to go hiking. After the baby was born he ignored him and spent all his time reading. When his mom gave him the option of paying off his school loan and leave me and the baby he took it. He rarely sees our son and now my son can't stand him. I will keep you all in prayer, keep the faith and focus on God. Things will get better.
09-13-2010 07:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
stevendanielsen Offline
Member Plus
*****
Member Plus

Posts: 7,380
Joined: Dec 2009
Post: #5
RE: marriage

Dear Havenly Father The Kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven forgive us are sin as we for give are debtor and lead us not into temptiation but deliver us from evil Please answer this person prayer acord to your will and bless there life Lord and we give you all the priase honor and glory in all of this. IN JESUS NAME I PRAY AMEN

Sincerly: Steven Danielsen
John 14:14 If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.
09-13-2010 07:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Chris8 Offline
Prayer Warrior
***
Registered

Posts: 14,537
Joined: Feb 2011
Post: #6
RE: marriage

Dear Lord,please have mercy on this woman.
In the Name of the Lord,right now I command to all the power of darkness and the curses to leave this woman! Now!
I pray that Your will to be done in their life.
You are the King of kings and Your Name is Wonderful.
Thank You my Lord

Warrior Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection.For them the second death holds no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him a thousand years.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 07:20 AM by Chris8.)
09-05-2012 07:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
batool100 Offline
Junior Member
***
Registered

Posts: 11
Joined: Jan 2014
Post: #7
RE: marriage

Marriage is very important for every one to pass his life. It is a socially or ritually recognized union or legal contract between spouses that establishes rights and obligations.
to find life partner or make friends free. just visit this site:
shaadi-direct.com
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2014 12:01 AM by batool100.)
01-17-2014 04:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Guest
Unregistered

 
Post: #8
RE: marriage

Cover this marriage Lord
04-16-2014 11:21 AM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Post Reply 


[-]
Quick Reply
Message
Type your reply to this message here.


Image Verification
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.