Please do not post email addresses, business names, the last names of people, or outside links. Please read our Privacy Policy Here: Privacy Policy



Post Reply 
don't know what to do
Author Message
hidden1 Offline
Junior Member
***
Registered

Posts: 2
Joined: Jun 2009
Post: #1
don't know what to do

This has been a very trying day.

I am HAPPILY married to my wonderful husband for just over a year now. He is amazing, loving & wonderful. We have a marriage that others dream about. He LOVES God, and is newer to the Lord. God is changing so many things about him, he just keeps getting better & better.

However, in growing closer to the Lord, things from his past have came back hard. This is so personal, I don't know where to turn........but to God.

About a year ago, he confessed to me that he had a fascination with urination. I didn't understand, and still don't. He told me this is NOT a sexual thing, just a curiosity.

Today, I walked in my bedroom to find the bathroom light on; my husband and 3 year old nephew weren't in here where they were...they were in the bathroom. They were both peeing in the toilet.

I found this extremely inappropriate, and kind of freaked out & said WHAT ARE YOU DOING...and my nephew said very matter-of-factly 'WE'RE JUST PEEING AUNTIE....' I had a long talk with my husband, and he said that they were just peeing, and I honestly believe him....as I know he's struggled with this fascination for a while.

I don't know what to do, where to turn. As you could imagine, I can't possibly TALK to anyone about this....except the Lord. Please pray......I am just very confused............
06-30-2009 06:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
bcshelvsme
Unregistered

 
Post: #2
RE: don't know what to do

Lord I come to you in prayer and ask you to help this man with his problem and may it not be anything more serious than what his wife just told the whole world. May she always turn to you in prayers for all her needs but let her see that you already know what we are going to ask you before we do. Give her the peace of mind and wisdom in this situation and any other she may encounter in her life. Bind them together in love and may they make you the cornerstone of their life and marriage. Protect her little nephew from harmful people. I ask and thank you in Jesus Precious Name always giving you all the Honor and the Glory Heavenly Father, Amen! Warrior
06-30-2009 07:04 PM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Cheryl Offline
Prayer Warrior
***
Registered

Posts: 987
Joined: Aug 2008
Post: #3
RE: don't know what to do

Dear Lord,

I pray for hidden1's husband and he overcomes this unusual fettish. You are in control of everything and I pray You protect any children this man comes across until You heal him. Bless his lovely wife who is standing by his side and doing her best. Please make this alright! In Jesus name, Amen! Cheryl
07-01-2009 01:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
tishlea Offline
Prayer Warrior
***
Registered

Posts: 5,058
Joined: Jun 2008
Post: #4
RE: don't know what to do

Lord, please help this man with the problem he is having. I praise You that he is one of Yours. Lord, let him grow in strength and wisdom of You. Lord, let this wife to have a stronger faith in You and in her husband. Let her have the Faith that You can take care of all things. I pray that they both will always be found doing what You would have them to do. In this I ask in Your name Jesus,Amen. Luke 18:27 (KJV) And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.
07-01-2009 04:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Clarence Offline
Junior Member
***
Registered

Posts: 37
Joined: Jun 2009
Post: #5
RE: don't know what to do

Can I reply with a little honest empathy here? Sexual curiosity has been one of my great thorns in the flesh for a long time. I think it traces back to many things, among them being lack of modesty in the home. I also had a very weak relationship with my father. I wonder if this man is fascinated with the act of seeing someone urinate or just seeing them in an immodest condition. Either way, he is not alone in such struggles. The greatest concern and prayer we need to offer now is that this is not a manifestation of a hidden homosexual problem. I struggled with this sin for many years myself and I am NOT proud of things I did with other males, especially when deep down inside I am sure I knew better.

I purposely use private toilet stalls anywhere I go to the rest room and do not go swimming or any place where there will be "natural" opportunities to look at the nakedness of other boys or men simply because of the guilt I will feel if I should, even innocently, do so.

I pray the Lord will help you deal with this in the right loving and forgiving way and that this fetish will not lead this man into further immorality as it very easily can. If this man is saved, let's trust God to help this man find a way to direct himself away from this. And pray for ME, too, as I know a lot of what this man struggles with as it relates to MY curiosity struggles.
07-01-2009 06:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
hidden1 Offline
Junior Member
***
Registered

Posts: 2
Joined: Jun 2009
Post: #6
RE: don't know what to do

Clarence Wrote:Can I reply with a little honest empathy here? Sexual curiosity has been one of my great thorns in the flesh for a long time. I think it traces back to many things, among them being lack of modesty in the home. I also had a very weak relationship with my father. I wonder if this man is fascinated with the act of seeing someone urinate or just seeing them in an immodest condition. Either way, he is not alone in such struggles. The greatest concern and prayer we need to offer now is that this is not a manifestation of a hidden homosexual problem. I struggled with this sin for many years myself and I am NOT proud of things I did with other males, especially when deep down inside I am sure I knew better.

I purposely use private toilet stalls anywhere I go to the rest room and do not go swimming or any place where there will be "natural" opportunities to look at the nakedness of other boys or men simply because of the guilt I will feel if I should, even innocently, do so.

I pray the Lord will help you deal with this in the right loving and forgiving way and that this fetish will not lead this man into further immorality as it very easily can. If this man is saved, let's trust God to help this man find a way to direct himself away from this. And pray for ME, too, as I know a lot of what this man struggles with as it relates to MY curiosity struggles.

Thanks to all who are praying for my husband. Thank you also, Clarence, for your openness and honesty. It is relieving to hear that he is not the only one who struggles with this. I have no worries about my husband having thoughts towards men, but when I was talking to my husband about this I mentioned what you said, about seeing people in a very private situation-of which he has not had much exposure to. His family was almost OVERLY modest, so he literally hasn't even been around his parents, brother or anyone in any situations that would get him used to private things. We will certainly be praying for you as well..........
07-03-2009 09:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
gws49 Offline
Senior Member
***
Registered

Posts: 185
Joined: Jun 2009
Post: #7
RE: don't know what to do

Dear Lord,
Please fix this situation as only you know all circumstances. Please heal, correct, rectify, and eliminate any deficiencies in mental health or character regarding this situation. Please eliminate any potential for anything negative to come out of this in the future. Please do this now Dear Lord. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
07-03-2009 02:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Post Reply 


[-]
Quick Reply
Message
Type your reply to this message here.


Image Verification
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.