Home
Faith for Prayer - Printable Version

+- Home (https://www.24hourprayer.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Christian Prayer Request (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Faith for Prayer (/showthread.php?tid=38818)



Faith for Prayer - Joaog - 10-16-2012 12:26 PM

I have a porn addiction problem. I've seen some techniques to help control addictive behavior but I think that's not enough. I grew up in a christian home all my life but at the time I'm no where near God. The problem is I think I have lost faith in God. I want to have faith in him, but don't know how. When I pray it's as if I pray with disbelief.

James tells us that the man who asks God for something, but doubts that he'll receive it, will not receive anything from the Lord. He is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does (Jam 1:5–8).

By contrast Jesus said, 'Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours (Mar 11:24).'

It all comes down to faith. But how do I regain faith if I don't have it to begin with? How do I ask God to give me faith if I'm praying without faith? Will he hear? Will he answer? It seems all my past attempts have
been in vain.


RE: Faith for Prayer - Guest - 10-16-2012 01:38 PM

It is easy for anyone to say just Believe. The way you should do is think about where you want to end up when you die. You don't believe that while you are doing ungodly activities as you stated above God the Father will receive you in heaven? Yes, you are having fun and satisfying your flesh right now but you must remember that our flesh is just a temporary housing for our soul and spirit. When you are tempted to look at any porn movies, think about God knows everything you are doing and ask yourself - does God approved? Have your Bible next to your computer and hopefully it will remind you that God is watching you whenever you feel like watching porn. Joaog, Jesus loves you, He died for you and me. Please don't trampled His holy name. Don't make His sacrifices for all humanity in vain. Just remember, when you end up in hell, there is no rest. In Heaven, everything wonderful and you will spend your eternity with WONDERFUL and His name is JESUS. I pray that the Holy Spirit will convict your heart of any ungodly actions you make and help you to walk with God in Jesus' name. God bless you.


RE: Faith for Prayer - admin - 10-16-2012 05:12 PM

Dear Joaog,

I have always found a good way to conquer any kind of sin is to draw closer to God. Spend time reading his word, praying and worshiping him.

Draw close to God and he will draw close to you.

The closer you are to God, the uglier the sin will look and it will help you over come the sin you are struggling with.

Lord - I pray that you help Joaog to overcome this sinful behavior and that he looks to you for help, hope and strength.

In Jesus Name Amen!


RE: Faith for Prayer - Chris8 - 09-17-2016 05:04 AM

In Jesus Name i command that all powers of darkness and curses to leave Joaog, their family and their home ! Now ! I pray that Lord's will be done in their lives. Amen

Faith comes by hearing Lord's words (Romans 10:17) ; reading aloud New Testament will help you grow in faith.
Joshua 1:8