![]() |
|
THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD - Printable Version +- Home (https://www.24hourprayer.com/forum) +-- Forum: Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1) +--- Forum: Christian Prayer Request (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2) +--- Thread: THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD (/showthread.php?tid=35766) Pages: 1 2 |
THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD - Dottie2012 - 05-10-2012 01:47 PM Christians should read the Bible for themselves every day without fail! "I already believe in Jesus Christ. I've already heard the Gospel." "Why should I read the Bible?" If this is your excuse, you will be spending you time here on the forum requesting a prayer. I am not saying that's bad but wouldn't you like to know how to pray by the Word of God for yourself. You know the old saying, "Teach a man how to fish and he will not starve." It is the same with Bible. Equip yourself with Word and when satan and his demons will attack you without fail, you will know how to defend yourself by the Word of God. Just read all the scriptures below and all the benefits: JOHN 8:31-32 31 Jesus then said to the Jews who had believed in him, "If you continue in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." JOSHUA 1:8 8 Don't stop reading this book of the Law, but day and night think of what it says, so you can be careful to do everything written in it; then you will prosper and succeed. ACTS 20:32 32 "And now I entrust you to God and his care and to his wonderful words that are able to build your faith and give you all the inheritance of those who are set apart for himself. MATTHEW 4:4 4 But Jesus told him, "No! The Scriptures say, 'People need more than bread for their life; they must feed on every word of God.' " JOHN 6:63 63 It is not the flesh that gives a person life. It is the spirit that gives life. The words I told you are spirit, and so they give life. ROMANS 15:4 4 And the Scriptures were written to teach and encourage us by giving us hope. JOHN 14:23-24 23 Jesus replied: 'If anyone loves me he will cherish my word; my Father will love him and we will come to him and make him our abode. 24 He that does not love me neglects my words. Yet the word you hear is not my own but that of the Father who sent me. 2 TIMOTHY 3:16-17 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right. 17 It is God's way of preparing us in every way, fully equipped for every good thing God wants us to do. HEBREWS 4:12 12 For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are. God's Word is alive! The more you expose yourself to it, the more it will expose itself to you. To know God better you must spend time hearing what He has to say. The Bible is His message to you. If you want Him to listen to what you have to say, you should also listen to what He has to say. Although God can also speak directly to your heart, you need to know His written Word so you can judge whether God is speaking to you, or the enemy is trying to deceive you. God will not love you more because you read the Bible. It's for your benefit -- not required to make God love you. However, without reading the Bible, you will not grow spiritually, and you will be more easily deceived. Prayerfully reading the Scriptures yourself is the only real defense against being misled. God's Word is truth (John 17:17). Don't you want to know the truth? Why waste your time on lesser, unreliable things? Your spiritual life is important. You always have time for what you consider important. Jesus taught that God's Word is a seed (Luke 8:11). Plant the seed of God's Word in your life and you will reap blessings. The promise of Jesus in John 8:31-32 is for you. If you continue in the Word of God, you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free! Only those who continue in God's Word come to the place of knowing called faith. Faith comes by hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). Jesus' reply to satan with scripture. God's word must be understood as a whole, not by taking one prat of it and using it separate from what the other parts teach. Jesus flatly refused to worship Satan. It was an appalling concept. Jesus answers Satan with the words “Get thee hence,” “Be gone,” “Go away,” or in the modern vernacular “Get out of here.” It is a strong rejection and one which was closely followed, once again, by scriptural rebuke. Jesus quotes from the Septuagint version of Deuteronomy 6:13. God alone is worthy of our worship, no other. Three times that Jesus has quoted from scripture to refute Satan. It is a powerful example to us that if we know the scriptures then we can route Satan’s temptations. Again, Psalm 119:11 is very appropriate, “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” When we know and understand God’s word, we have the greatest weapon of righteousness with which to go on the offensive against Satan (Ephesians 6:17). The devil left Jesus, at least, for now. Satan may leave us alone for a time, but he will always return and seek us out again. Be ready with the Word of God. Read your Bible, it is the will of God. God bless you reading these message and received it in your spirit. RE: THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD - Tractman - 05-10-2012 02:16 PM What a wonderful article! Thank you!!! It's not difficult to read the Bible through in a year. 3 or 4 chapters a day, maybe half an hour to hear God speak to you! I've done this for 20 years, and Oh the blessing to my life!!! I wdn't do without it! Try it and see! RE: THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD - Guest - 05-10-2012 02:45 PM Amen and I agree with you Tractman. Believers struggles in life because they are not fed by the Word. All the answers is in the Bible. RE: THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD - NotEasilyBroken - 05-10-2012 02:57 PM Amen to all im glad this was posted here RE: THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD - Tractman - 05-10-2012 03:47 PM Yep, people starve themselves from their spiritual food--Bible and prayer--then wonder why they get spiritually sick!!! Read the Gospel of John! Wow, what a feast! Read some Psalms, starting at Psalm 23. Fabulous! RE: THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD - Guest - 05-10-2012 03:52 PM (05-10-2012 03:47 PM)Tractman Wrote: Yep, people starve themselves from their spiritual food--Bible and prayer--then wonder why they get spiritually sick!!! This is so true. I believe we really need to feed ourselves with the words of God which is reading the Bible more than eating junk food. People please believe what we are agreeing in Jesus' name. (05-10-2012 03:47 PM)Tractman Wrote: Yep, people starve themselves from their spiritual food--Bible and prayer--then wonder why they get spiritually sick!!! I agree with you Tractman. Book of John and Psalm 23 everyone should memorize the whole chapter. If you can memorize Pledge of Allegiance one should be able to memorize Psalm 23 instantly. I also read the Book of Acts over and over also I love reading Isaiah and so on. I can't get enough of it. Those people have trouble sleeping at night, they should open up their Bible. RE: THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD - Tractman - 05-10-2012 04:06 PM Derek Prince had a baffling illness and in hospital he read Proverbs. He read where it said the Word of God is medicine. So he took God's medicine--read the Bible morning, noon and night and got better and better and finally left hospital perfectly cured! Sure, it doesn't happen every time. There are often complicating factors. But it does happen sometimes. And taken in conjunction with prayer and medicine, just reading your Bible can do a massive amount of GOOD! Why wait till your sick? Preventive medicine! Read lots of Bible beginning TODAY! RE: THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD - Guest - 05-10-2012 04:33 PM Amen. I bought a lot of books by someone named Derek. I know all about him and what he stand for. I was diagnosed with cancer and prepared for chemotherapy, but you know what I resisted what the doctors told me and to make my story short, I searched all the scriptures of healing and ate them all in my spirit and I am free from them all. I truly believe without doubt God's promises. I don't call my friend, family members, prayer warriors and cry to them. I cry to the Lord. I talk to God. I worship God. I praise God. I give thanks to God good or bad. Everyday God is in my heart, soul, spirit and mind. I just love God. I am still very young but I am not afraid of dying because I am confident where I am going. Glory to the Father in Jesus' name. RE: THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD - Tractman - 05-11-2012 01:35 AM My wife was diagnosed with cancer and a registrar told us she was not expected to live. She was at Stage 4. I felt led to take her to a Christian oncologist who believed that she cd be cured. I alerted praying people all over the world and sent out regular detailed emails. She responded wonderfully to the chemotherapy, and we were pleased when a new test showed cancer in the spinal column. If this had gone untreated, it could have killed her. Through prayer she was transferred to a top hospital where her treatment was top class. She needed drastic chemotherapy which knocked her around, but people around the world prayed on. Lots of little miracles happened, such as her wig looked even nicer than the hair she had lost. She no longer enjoyed most foods, so we dined out on the ones she still liked, in lovely restaurants. I learned to read blood tests and told our praying people what needed to be prayed for in detail. As a result we all rejoiced and praised God as all the bad numbers gradually returned to normal. Then came the CT-scans. The first showed the cancer almost gone. The second one, after chemo had finished, showed it entirely disappeared. Every CT-scan since then showed NO CANCER AT ALL. That's how she is today. Slowly her hair grew back, and her strength took a year to recover, but she is back to normal--still teaching kids, still gardening, still doing all the things she used to do! PRAISE GOD!!!THANK YOU JESUS!!!! Yes, God can heal miraculously. But it's just as exciting to watch Him use the medical profession--SO MANY THINGS CAN GO WRONG! The wrong chemo can be given to patients, a bad reaction to chemo can kill, human error can cause a thousand fatal problems. But PRAYER sees things go smoothly. I give ALL the credit to GOD for her wonderful healing and recovery. Who gave those specialists their ability? JESUS did! All medicine is made out of things GOD has created. GOD is behind EVERYTHING that is good. I am grateful to God for the wonderful way He answered prayer! THANK YOU JESUS!!! RE: THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD - Guest - 05-11-2012 02:12 PM BELIEVERS AND NON-BELIEVERS, GET THIS MESSAGE ABOVE IN YOUR SPIRIT. STOP BLAMING GOD FOR YOUR MISERY. |