Home
A Story for marriages in these troubled times - Printable Version

+- Home (https://www.24hourprayer.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Christian Prayer Request (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: A Story for marriages in these troubled times (/showthread.php?tid=19685)

Pages: 1 2


A Story for marriages in these troubled times - adoring1 - 09-13-2010 10:07 PM

Father, So many couples are struggling and going through hard times. It puts a strain on marriages and frays relationships of families overall. I would like to share a story told by one of the most Godly Pastors I have ever had the privilege to meet a gentleman named Rev. E.V. Hill as encouragement to those that are in the midst of storm in their marriages. He has gone to Glory now...but his message still resounds with truth! While this relates to financial strain, the principles are true regardless of the problem...and can be considered as universal for both husbands and wives...I pray that it provokes thought and provides a little different way of looking at our problems...I hope it is as uplifting to you as it was to me.

There was a very famous pastor who built a Bible teaching church that grew a great many pastors up that are now out there leading flocks in various places in the country. I had an opportunity to meet this man at a conference in my town and to hear him preach. He told a story about his wife whom he called his treasure. When he was beginning his ministry...and had founded this church he was having a great deal of difficulty meeting the financial needs of his household. He came home one day and the electricity had been turned off and had had no money to pay the bill. His wife never said a word to him about it. She lit two candles and placed them on the table...picked a flower out of the garden and placed it in a little vase on the table and served him a dinner of homemade soup and bread...she called it a romantic evening for the two of them. The lights stayed off for 2 more days...she got a cooler from the garage and bought a big bag of ice to keep the little meat and milk they had cold...and for two more nights they had "romantic evenings"...and she never said a word of complaint to him. He managed to get the lights back on...and after he did he asked her how she had managed to not be upset with him with all they were going through. He told her he felt he was failing her as a husband. She told him...I knew God would provide...and I knew you were doing your best...and I loved both you and God for it. He ended the story by saying that in that moment he understood what a gift he had been given and that her encouragement changed his life forever...as a man, and as a Pastor. Sometimes it is not what we go through...it is how we go through it that matters most. I hope Father that you will help all couples to look at their circumstances and see the gift that they truly are to one another. Help them to stand Father...In Jesus name...Amen!


RE: A Story for marriages in these troubled times - stevendanielsen - 09-13-2010 10:09 PM

Dear Havenly Father The Kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven forgive us are sin as we for give are debtor and lead us not into temptiation but deliver us from evil Please answer this person prayer acord to your will and bless there life Lord and we give you all the priase honor and glory in all of this. IN JESUS NAME I PRAY AMEN


RE: A Story for marriages in these troubled times - adoring1 - 09-14-2010 09:23 PM

That wives and husbands would learn to love and support one another unconditionally I pray Father...that you would bring abundant blessings in the midst of a storm I plead. In Jesus name...Amen!


RE: A Story for marriages in these troubled times - Guest - 09-14-2010 09:32 PM

Yes Lord help us to love our spouses with the same kind of love you have for us, and to be respectful, forgiving, and understanding toward one another for none of us are perfect. Only with your help can we be able to accomplish this. In Jesus name we pray, amen.


RE: A Story for marriages in these troubled times - adoring1 - 09-15-2010 08:12 AM

Father, I pray that the love in the hearts of husbands and wives would be greater than their circumstances. In Jesus name...Amen!


RE: A Story for marriages in these troubled times - stevendanielsen - 09-15-2010 09:22 PM

Dear Havenly Father Thy Kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven forgive us are sin as we for give are debtor and lead us not into temptiation but deliver us from evil Please answer this person prayer acord to your will and bless there life Lord and we give you all the priase honor and glory in all of this. IN JESUS NAME I PRAY AMEN


RE: A Story for marriages in these troubled times - adoring1 - 09-16-2010 05:56 PM

Father, I pray that the joy of salvation, be a building block for each and every marriage. That unsaved partners will give their lives to you that each of these husbands and wives will seek your will daily in their marriages. In Jesus name...Amen!


RE: A Story for marriages in these troubled times - stevendanielsen - 09-16-2010 06:13 PM

Dear Havenly Father Thy Kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven forgive us are sin as we for give are debtor and lead us not into temptiation but deliver us from evil Please answer this person prayer acord to your will and bless there life Lord and we give you all the priase honor and glory in all of this. IN JESUS NAME I PRAY AMEN


RE: A Story for marriages in these troubled times - adoring1 - 10-03-2010 07:53 PM

Father teach us how to love especially when we are under stress of difficult times. In Jesus name...Amen!


RE: A Story for marriages in these troubled times - Guest - 10-03-2010 11:33 PM

Heavenly Father,
Please help people who are struggling in their marriage relationships. Show them that you are the solution and that you can take away their pain. You are a healer, you are a provider. Please help people to see this. Lead them to expereince living under the shadow of your love, protection, blessings, favour, mercy etc. Teach people to love eachother and to depend on you for your will to be fulfilled in their relationships and lives. I pray for those who are seperated in their marriages that you will help their relationships to heal so that they can stay together. I pray for those who already divorced. Please heal them from the pain and devastation of divorce. Please help Lord, we look to you for guidance and wisdom for your ways are much higher than ours. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.