Please do not post email addresses, business names, the last names of people, or outside links. Please read our Privacy Policy Here: Privacy Policy

Prayer that my husband will want to stop drinking
Unregistered

RE: Prayer that my husband will want to stop drinking

Its me again from 2/2/13! someone help me I'm at the edge of disappearing! :'( i need more prayers for my husband i dont know what to do anymore! Hes starting to physically abuse me! I need help desperately!! Please! God is not answering my prayers! Im pregnant and have a 3 year old son with him! His drinking is getting worse! Im at the point where i wanna take my own life away pls someone stop me :( is anyone out there here to listen? I just need a friend :'(
02-15-2013 12:10 PM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Unregistered

im a pregnant wife and my husband is so alcoholic. I m not feeling so well with his drinking habits most of the time he left me for 2 days when he is drinking and this is going to be his habit weekly. Please father help my husband to stop this drinking habit
03-11-2013 05:05 PM
adoring1 Offline
Member Plus
Member Plus

Peace be still and know that God is God. Why would you want to leave your little ones alone with no-one to care for them but an alcoholic father? You must stand strong, for yourself, your children and your God. Seek help my sister...therapy for YOU that you may come to the point of acceptance of your husband's illness. No-one has the right to abuse you...seek help and if that continues leave! No-one can change your husband if he does not want to change...but you can change what you tolerate. You deserve more...and so do your children. I say this with both love and experience behind it as I was raised in an alcoholic home...and watched my mother both suffer and become co-dependent which did nothing to create stability in our home. Suicide? No! Tough love yes...leave and create peace for yourself and your children...when he has had enough...he will either change or not...but do not remain in an environment where you are dragged into the muck and the mire with him.

Father, help this sister to draw a line of protection around herself and her husband. Help her to see that her life is not that which is being created by this man. That is his life and his choice. Father help her to see through your eyes who she is and who she is in your son Christ Jesus. Let her stand for righteousness and seek it in your Son above all things.
Make provision for her in a place of safety and kindness. Protect her and these little ones from anything that is not of you! Father bring this man to his knees...let him see clearly what he has become...and let him seek treatment for it. Father draw him to you that he may seek to repent of the destruction he is doing to his body...your temple...and to his wife...your gift and his children...your blessing. Give this wife courage and peace that she may dwell in your presence and know your kindness all the days of her life. In Jesus name...Amen!

(02-15-2013 12:10 PM)Guest Wrote:  Its me again from 2/2/13! someone help me I'm at the edge of disappearing! :'( i need more prayers for my husband i dont know what to do anymore! Hes starting to physically abuse me! I need help desperately!! Please! God is not answering my prayers! Im pregnant and have a 3 year old son with him! His drinking is getting worse! Im at the point where i wanna take my own life away pls someone stop me :( is anyone out there here to listen? I just need a friend :'(
03-11-2013 06:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Unregistered

please help my common law husband o stop drinking alcohol an be a better person
03-28-2013 07:57 AM
Unregistered

I'm 20 and I'm addicted to drinking I can't stop and it's missingy life up for me and my family please pray for me I need help
05-06-2013 08:53 AM
Unregistered

I am having problem with my husband. He drinks a lot and become very abusive and to me and people around me. That is disturbing my marriage. Little things i do irritates him. i want people to flow as it used to be. Let God give me patient to overcome this trials. Please help me pray he is a very nice person. He has angar problem that is disturbing him.

(05-06-2013 06:02 PM)Guest Wrote:  I am having problem with my husband. He drinks a lot and become very abusive and to me and people around me. That is disturbing my marriage. Little things i do irritates him. i want people to flow as it used to be. Let God give me patient to overcome this trials. Please help me pray he is a very nice person. He has angar problem that is disturbing him.
05-06-2013 06:02 PM
Unregistered

(02-02-2013 06:51 PM)Guest Wrote:  My husband is starting to drink alot again he drinks until he feels drunk and still tempts for more! He gets very verbally abusive with me calls me names,yells at me,and threatens to leave me :( I ask that someone please pray for me and my family. For him to stop drinking because its ruining our lives together :'(

I pray for your husband that he will stop drinking and turn to jesus Christ. May God bless you and your family in jesus name. Amen Smile

(05-06-2013 06:02 PM)Guest Wrote:  I am having problem with my husband. He drinks a lot and become very abusive and to me and people around me. That is disturbing my marriage. Little things i do irritates him. i want people to flow as it used to be. Let God give me patient to overcome this trials. Please help me pray he is a very nice person. He has angar problem that is disturbing him.

You are not alone. My boyfriend drinks a lot and he knows it's wrong but because of his past and problems he turn to alcohol . I just want you to know that to never give up on your husband and always pray for him. I pray for you and your husband that god will open his heart to seek god instead of alcohol and may god bless you both. Amen Amen

Please help me pray for my boyfriend to stop drinking. He's an amazing man but because of heart ache from child hood past and all the problems that he facing he turn to alcohol. He knows drinking is a sin but he asked me to pray for him n now I'm asking for prayer. Please help me pray for my boy friend. I pray that god will help him to stop drinking and help him go through all the pain inside his heart and protect him from the evil and heal his heart in jesus name. Amen
07-06-2013 08:52 PM
stephie77 Offline
Registered

(02-02-2013 11:58 PM)Guest Wrote:  Father, I lift up all the needs here for all husbands who is struggling in this sinful habit. Father, help our husbands to hate the taste for alcohol. convict them from this sin and may they seek You for forgiveness. Lord, deliver them from this sinful habit of drinking and may they Trust in You, please build up their faith in You and may they draw close to You and may they want more of You and less of them, Bless the wives that are seeking you for mercy for their husbands. May we stand stong and not give up praying for our husbands. pray without ceasing. Lord, here our prayers and help us help our husbands. Protect our families and may Your hand of mercy be upon us all, Thank You Lord. In JESUS Great Mighty name I do pray Amen and Amen

Heavenly Father, deliver them from this disease, this generational curse that has often been brought down from one generation to the next. Deliver them from this bondage whether hereditary or because of some deep problem or wound that is causing one to escape reality and using alcohol as a way out. Grant them the motivation and the strength to help them selves as You help them. Open their eyes so they can see that they have a problem and that it has gone too far. Then grant them all that is needed to overcome the problem. Help wives and children to know how best to help them overcome, without provoking them to shift blame to family members and give them an excuse to drink more, In Jesus Name, thank You LORD for helping, Amen
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 08:29 AM by stephie77.)
07-07-2013 08:24 AM
stephie77 Offline
Registered

Heavenly Father, may this woman hold on to You as she goes therough this struggle with her husband's drinking. Help her to realize that he has an illness of alcoholism. I lift him up and ask You to heal him of alcoholism. I pray that You will help and grant his wife and children peace as he comes to a point of sobriety, In Jesus Name, Amen
08-22-2013 09:09 AM
forgiven77 Offline
Registered

Father, please help this marriage restore with much love and peace, and for husband to stop drinking. Let them seek the word and be used for your testimony. In the name of Jesus, Amen.
08-22-2013 09:56 PM

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.