Please do not post email addresses, business names, the last names of people, or outside links. Please read our Privacy Policy Here: Privacy Policy

Please pray for my marriage
Redeemedbyhim Offline
Registered

RE: Please pray for my marriage

It looks like, short of a miracle (which I'm willing to believe God can do) we will be done soon... She's told me that she's seen all the hard work I've been putting in, trying to make the marriage work, but she doesn't see the point. She's not in love anymore, doesn't even consider me a friend, and says that God wants her to get a divorce because God doesn't want people in "crappy relationships". I'm at a loss as to what to say to her at this point. I told her I'm still willing to work hard on our relationship, however she has yet to try to communicate with me, or spend any time with me. She refuses to give me anything I can pray for her for (I still pray for her regardless), and refuses to read the scriptures. She's admitted that she has no scriptural basis for what she's doing, she just doesn't care. I'm sharing all this in the hopes that prayers from my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus will cause her to reconsider. Thank you for your continued prayers.
12-23-2010 06:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Unregistered

Redeemedbyhim, I am so sorry for your loss. Lord, if there is any way that this will turn around & this woman will appreciate the marriage she has, let it be. If it is over Lord and her heart has gone cold, we ask that a healing continue to occur for both of them in YOU. Let them walk out their lives with YOU & YOUR WILL For them.
There's scripture in regards to divorce & remarriage, we ask that they follow YOUR WORD ongoing.
Reemedbyhim, I know it is not much consolation as this is a very painful time for you. I do believe that The Lord keeps putting us through tests in life, or might I say, allows testing.
Your wife is not wanting to stay married, it sounds as if you had a good marriage but she is bored & seeks other excitement, that commitment is not her desire. Of course this goes against the marriage covenant she took. But she is being tested. You have worked very hard to keep this marriage together, understanding the covenant before GOD, your love & devotion to YOUR WIFE. You have passed your test.
If you can, be thankful to God In Heaven that you have passed this testing. Even in divorce, if we have made all of the efforts possible, The Lord Will Bless you for this but again, more tests. If we look at life as our treasures, when we obey The Lord by our choices we deposit this into our Heavenly Treasures, as this is what we store.
For some reason your wife is not staying in the marriage, but since you have worked hard to, you likely will be blessed, & then tested some more! Our souls each stand before HIM on judgement day.
We are HIS CHILDREN, learning always more of how to please THE LORD. Rejoice that you have given everything to saving your marriage. God Sees All. If it's time to let go, know you will be blessed for all you have done in this, & try to see the big picture that life is about testing & Eternal Salvation. You passed your test.
We can still love, "at all times," forgive, & pray our spouse chooses to live according to The Word, that they get to Heaven.
I would rather walk on the, "narrow path," & be quenched by The Fruits of The Holy Spirit, than go along the wide swath & get lost.
It is a time of grieving for you, God Bless you, but know that it is Heaven we are healed. Follow always along God's Will & The Word & you will continue to be blessed.
Thank YOU LORD, that You Are our Father. You Are our Spouse.
We seek to please YOU LORD, Help us Lord see exactly who we are in YOU & our direction. Also remember, God Is Love, the love you have in your heart does not have to go away! If God Is Love, Love Is.
Be still, "and Know That I Am God!"
Bless Warrior Bible

Now, for those who are married I have a command, not just a suggestion. And it is not a command from me, for this is what the Lord himself has said: A wife must not leave her husband. But if she is separated from him, let her remain single or else go back to him. And the husband must not divorce his wife. (TLB, 1 Corinthians 7:10-11)
Some Pharisees came to him, and to test him they asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any cause?" He answered, "Have you not read that the one who made them at the beginning 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate." They said to him, "Why then did Moses command us to give a certificate of dismissal and to divorce her?" He said to them, "It was because you were so hard-hearted that Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for unchastity, and marries another commits adultery." (NRSV, Matthew 19:3-9)

Redeemedbyhim Wrote:It looks like, short of a miracle (which I'm willing to believe God can do) we will be done soon... She's told me that she's seen all the hard work I've been putting in, trying to make the marriage work, but she doesn't see the point. She's not in love anymore, doesn't even consider me a friend, and says that God wants her to get a divorce because God doesn't want people in "crappy relationships". I'm at a loss as to what to say to her at this point. I told her I'm still willing to work hard on our relationship, however she has yet to try to communicate with me, or spend any time with me. She refuses to give me anything I can pray for her for (I still pray for her regardless), and refuses to read the scriptures. She's admitted that she has no scriptural basis for what she's doing, she just doesn't care. I'm sharing all this in the hopes that prayers from my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus will cause her to reconsider. Thank you for your continued prayers.
12-23-2010 06:39 AM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Redeemedbyhim Offline
Registered

I want to thank everyone for all the prayers regarding my situation, I'm sure they are having an effect. My wife continues to be closed to me, and although she has been more affectionate of late, she has also been speaking lies to me in the same breath. She attempts to mislead me in regards to things that I know are not true. I feel strongly that I am to wait until we get to councelling before I should confront her on these things, but I am very conflicted about the whole situation. I really want to believe that she is being genuine in her efforts to be closer to me, however, since she is lying to me during the same conversation, I have many doubts. I am currently leaving this with The Lord. Even if this marriage ends badly, I am safe in His hand. Your continued prayers are greatly appreciated.
12-28-2010 08:16 AM
Redeemedbyhim Offline
Registered

I've discovered something quite serious. She's been involved (and still is to my knowledge) in some illegal activities. I now have to figure out how to solve everything in my marriage, and when/how to confront her about what I know about her activities. Please pray that God will give me discernment, and His guidance. I'm going to have to do something relatively soon, but timing I feel will be everything. Thank you everyone for your continued prayers.
12-29-2010 03:49 PM
Chris8 Offline
Prayer Warrior
Registered

Dear Lord,please have mercy on this man and their daughter.
In the Name of the Lord,right now I command to all the power of darkness and the curses to leave this man and their daughter! Now!
I pray that Your will to be done in their lives.
Please open the gates of financial blessings in our lives.
You are the King of kings and Your Name is Wonderful.
Thank You my Lord

Warrior Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection.For them the second death holds no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him a thousand years.
10-07-2012 03:48 AM

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.