Please do not post email addresses, business names, the last names of people, or outside links. Please read our Privacy Policy Here: Privacy Policy



Post a New Reply
Reply to thread: I Have A Question About The Bible
Username:
Post Subject:
Your Message:
Smilies
:icon_sad: :icon_biggrin: :twocents: :question:
:icon_cool: :heart: :warrior: :bless:
:rofl: :lightbulb: :thumb: :soapbox:
:cry: :jesus-sign: :bible: :amen:
:read-bible: :jesus-cross: :) :cool:
Post Options:
Thread Subscription:
Specify the type of email notification and thread subscription you'd like to have to this thread. (Registered users only)



Image Verification
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated posts.


Thread Review (Newest First)
Posted by Guest - 12-15-2018 07:47 AM
Lord move in that bible study group and let everyone be led by your spirit so they won't offend each other. Bring them more people to attend it as you bless each one of them. You talk to each one of us individually since you didn't made us clones of each other, may all get together well and understand that. Remove any animosity in the group as you bind them together in love and understanding Lord. I pray in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, amen.
Posted by Guest - 12-14-2018 09:37 AM
I was in a bible study not long ago and a lady there said, that once we have the holy spirit in us, we will never commit any sin and can never backslide or lose our salvation. I feel the holy spirit empower us to resist temptation, but the holy spirit can't take away the free will God has given us. But if we fall into temptation and don't repent we can still backslide. What if we do fall into temptation and we take our last breath while in the act of sin and don't get to repent, what then? I also think if we persist to go into sinful places and surround us with sinful people we can lose the holy spirit, for God doesn't exist in the darkness, the holy spirit being part of the holy trinity it is a part of God. Little by little if we continue to live in the darkness the holy spirit will leave us, and we become in a state of backslide. This lady thinks I am in the wrong, and has told me I'm trying to delude her faith. That was not my intentions at all, we are free to give our opinions in that bible study and to think for ourselves, I was not trying to hurt or convert anyone into the way I see it. Am I wrong? Please pray for this bible study that nobody gets offended, and that God will send us more people to our group, we had some moved far away, now most of the time we are down to three or four of us, when we used to get ten or more. Sending you all God's blessings.