Please do not post email addresses, business names, the last names of people, or outside links. Please read our Privacy Policy Here: Privacy Policy



Post a New Reply
Reply to thread: I believe in Jesus
Username:
Post Subject:
Your Message:
Smilies
:icon_sad: :icon_biggrin: :twocents: :question:
:icon_cool: :heart: :warrior: :bless:
:rofl: :lightbulb: :thumb: :soapbox:
:cry: :jesus-sign: :bible: :amen:
:read-bible: :jesus-cross: :) :cool:
Post Options:
Thread Subscription:
Specify the type of email notification and thread subscription you'd like to have to this thread. (Registered users only)



Image Verification
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated posts.


Thread Review (Newest First)
Posted by neon_xanadu - 09-01-2008 01:04 PM
I forgive your ignorance of anxiety disorders. It sure would be great if I could just choose that the neurochemicals in my brain were normal. And that I had never suffered the traumas in my life that created neuro-pathways that trigger the panic attacks.
Telling me to choose not to have this condition is like telling someone with cancer to just choose not to have it. The brain is an organ in the body just like any other. I don't have the power to choose for it to be healed and return to the state it was intended to be. Maybe I should get in a time machine and choose not to join the Navy and avoid the scarlet fever that caused brain damage. I don't have the power to fix my own brain. And I don't have good enough insurance to get my shoulder fixed. THAT IS WHY I ASKED FOR PRAYER!
Posted by neon_xanadu - 08-31-2008 02:08 AM
I hope in Jesus' mercy He will heal my shoulder and chest area. The chest pain caused by the shoulder disorder sometimes triggers panic attacks. Although the panic attacks are getting fewer, as I retrain my brain that this is not a symptom of a heart attack, it is still a great hinderance to my productivity in many areas of my life.
Seems like always something- sleep disorders, anxiety attacks, physical problems.... keep me from living a normal life.
Love, in Christ, Jim