Please do not post email addresses, business names, the last names of people, or outside links. Please read our Privacy Policy Here: Privacy Policy

Need God intervention to find a job & leave current temp cos the mgr belittles me..
need-prayers
Unregistered

Need God intervention to find a job & leave current temp cos the mgr belittles me..

I used to work in senior mgt level but due to job loss, am working as casual admin with a team under a micromanager who likes to flex his authority (i never overstep his boundary/authority). He listens to how every phone call being answered/handled, dictates how to respond to simple email and go off & shouted @ you in front of everyone if it wasn't handled/responded his way. He also decides when I could go to lunch. He also likes to belittle me. E.g. under the pretext of a discussion of how a casual should be treated, he used me as an example and said is it ok to ask me to lick his shoes or tied his shoe laces. It is a no brainer that it's not ok & not worth discussing. But I was too shocked to react. If I owned up to a mistake, he then say it aloud & inform the team that I admit I made a mistake. I was so embarrassed & tried to laugh it off. I was taught not to be afraid of owning up mistakes, learnt from them & moved on. None of my previous superiors ever gloat on someone mistakes cos u learnt from it & moved on. Oh and he likes to pin his mistakes on me! One of the team member was shocked when I had to demonstrate I can use a wipe out. On another occasion, I was told that it's going to be busy and are needed but the next day was told not to come into work cos he wouldn't be there and there's nothing for me to do as though I am his personal lackey. He also said he and the team can do the job without me. What the? So why hire me in the 1st place. I still haven't been sacked or anything. It gets to the point where I am just shocked and confused and just dont know how to respond. I just want to secure another job b4 I leave this temp workplace with a toxic mgr.
11-26-2013 03:46 AM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.