Home
Praying for God to take me - Printable Version

+- Home (https://www.24hourprayer.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Christian Prayer Request (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Praying for God to take me (/showthread.php?tid=2228)

Pages: 1 2

Praying for God to take me - Guest - 06-07-2008 08:52 PM

Below is a request that I wrote sometime ago. My husband has called since then but he was very mean and cold. I miss the man that I fell in love with. I love my husband so much and just want for things to be how they used to be. Lately I have been having many thoughts of death. I have actualy changed my prayers and have begun praying for my husband to seek help but for God to just take me. I am trying so hard to be strong but I feel so alone. I miss him and I feel like God has forgotten me or that he just can not hear me. I prayed for my husband to come home, I have prayed for healing, I have prayed for my husband to get help, I have prayed for God to give me strength, and still nothing. Not one thing! I feel like I am standing in the middle of a vast nothingness. Theres no end, no begining, just me and nothing.

My husband had left me without any signs. He wants a divorce and says that he doesn't think things will work with us anymore. I have prayed with all of my will and all of my might for him to come home and love me again, but maybe prayer just isn't enough. Maybe prayer doesn't heal. I still believe and hold hope, but I am loosing faith in prayer. God will always be my savior. I have seen no signs of change in my husbands choices. I have prayed for him to come home and seek the help he needs. He has fallen to alcohol and substance abuse, through this he had become distant, lacking communication, he broke all promises he had ever made to me. I have always forgiven him because love is unconditional and he is my husband. He was a beautiful/amazing man when we met, but he has become a cold stranger. I fear that there may be another woman. I pray so hard that this fear is wrong and unwarrented. But the way he has forgotten me and moved on so fast after only 3 weeks tells me that he has a distraction. Can someone really just wake up one morning and all their love for their wife is gone? That is what happened to me. I am so unhappy, depressed, and sick. I have not eaten right in weeks, when I do I get sick and I can not sleep. I wish this was all a bad dream, I feel so lost. I have no job, I am living with my parents, and I have lost my will. I had never loved like this before and now I am left lonely and heart broken, with the feeling like my prayers have been lost or forgotten.

RE: Praying for God to take me - rangie - 06-08-2008 01:27 AM

PLEASE DON'T LOOSE HOPE, GOD WOULDN'T WANT YOU DO DO THAT, HAVE FAITH IN HIM, HE IS WITH YOU NO MATTER WHAT !!! Here are four practical steps you can take every day to build a sure foundation of hope that will carry you through the storms of life:

1. Submit yourself to God. God is the source of our hope. Come to Him in humility and He will restore you (1 Peter 5:6-7).

2. Strengthen your faith. Allow God's previously fulfilled promises to renew your hope. God has given us written record of countless ways He has provided hope for believers in centuries past. Look to these marvelous accounts for renewal (1 Chronicles 16:11-21).

3. Trust God's timing. Sometimes God answers our prayers and fulfills our hopes quickly. At other times, for His own divine reasons, He allows us to wait. Remember, it was through faith and patience that Abraham's hope was fulfilled.

4. Thank God today. Though it's arduous to rejoice as we wait for hopes to be fulfilled, rejoicing enables God to perfect us in ways we are unable to see at the time. And this kind of hope, purified in the crucible of waiting, and sometimes suffering, "does not disappoint" (Romans 5:1-5).

Pray this prayer:

"Father, forgive me for not seeing You as You truly are. Please use Your Word to encourage me. Help me to hide it in my heart. Let Your Holy Spirit direct me moment-by-moment as I wait in the hope You have given me through our Lord Jesus Christ. In Jesus' name. Amen."

God's Word on Hope

"This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast" (Hebrews 6:29a).

U ARE IN MY PRAYERS DEAR SISTER AND GOD LOVES YOU HE TRULY DOES, TAKE CARE.

RE: Praying for God to take me - Guest - 06-09-2008 08:40 AM

Father, thank You for being faithful to us no matter where we are or where we think we are. You are God!!! You will never change!!! You will never be taken down off Your Throne forever! I ask You to hold on to this dear one even when she can't seem to hold on no more. I so relate...I remember the years of praying over my marriage and also praying...God please take me home...over and over and over and for being so disappointed every morning when I woke up and I was still in the same situation...but YOU GOD ARE FAITHFUL! You never left me even when I just knew I was all by myself! You carried me!! I ask You to open this dear ones eyes and ears and make her aware of Your Closeness...I ask You to open her ears and eyes today even Lord...today is the day of salvation...she will let go Lord and You will catch her...I know You are Abundant in Mercy and Goodness! In Jesus' Name rescue the captives and bring them back into the light of Your Kingdom. In Jesus' Name So Be It! and Amen!!!

RE: Praying for God to take me - Guest - 06-09-2008 12:10 PM

There comes a time in all of our lives where it feels like GOD has abandoned us. This time may come during a small trial or a full blown storm, however I tell you that in the mist of your storm when it feels like GOD is not with you, he is there. There is a purpose for your pain, so don't give up faith. I command the devil out of your life. I tell you that GOD will soon deliver you. Think of how many times in your life you thought something was going to take you out but weeks, months, or even years later that problem held no weight in your life. GOD delivered you then and he will now. Tyler Perry spoke something in his play "Madea goes to jail" that corresponds with your situation. He said "if you have been the best person you can be to somebody and they still want to leave, let them go. The devil is trying to covience you that you need this man to complete you and that without his love you may as well die but I tell you that is a LIE!!!!! Do not seek death as a way out of your pain. This thought is 100 percent implanted from the enemy. As a child of GOD the love of CHRIST will get you through ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING.

Dear GOD I pray that that you deliver your child from this attack. Renew your child's faith and give her hope GOD. O JESUS please reassure your child of her worth and bring her through this. This I pray in the name of JESUS amen

RE: Praying for God to take me - deee - 06-10-2008 05:19 AM

Lord your child needs you now. Father I pray that you will be with her during this time of turmoil. I say Satan that you are liar and that God will turn everything around.

Father you said that your decree is that a man should take a wife and cleave to her. God please help my sister to hold on to that promise. Lord turn things around for good and let my sister be restored. I praise YOU my father. AMEN

RE: Praying for God to take me - Guest - 04-29-2014 12:27 PM

I feel the same way you do when will God have mercy and take me out of this nasty world.

RE: Praying for God to take me - Guest - 05-27-2014 05:39 PM

I too pray that the merciful God take me from this world. I am tired physically, emotionally, an mentally. I pray for eternal peace.

RE: Praying for God to take me home - Homesick - 07-09-2016 03:24 PM

Please help me to go home to my family that I miss so much I moved away to try and make things better for myself but I'm so stress and lonely for my other family but the think is i got no home to go too please pray that something good happens to me so I can go back home to my family please dear god help me to get back home to them

RE: Praying for God to take me - Guest - 09-14-2016 10:27 PM

Dear friends, I pray you're feeling better. Sending you love and more prayers.

RE: Praying for God to take me - Waitingtodie - 09-02-2017 02:19 PM

(05-27-2014 05:39 PM)Guest Wrote:  I too pray that the merciful God take me from this world. I am tired physically, emotionally, an mentally. I pray for eternal peace.

I too feel the very same what. Only evil pevails. I am 55 years old and an EN who has devoted my life to helping others. But as if a black cloud has settled over me I have stayed faithful. Horrible childhood with an abusive violent alcoholic father. I grew up when I was ten. I got through college with scholarships from straight A's. I have never given up my faith. But God does ask too much of some of us and our prayers for help go unanswered. I pray now for others but that God will let this horrible life of hell end for me. None of my prayers have been answered in a d cafe. Those pret md christians would say that I don't deserve help or that my faith is not strong enough. "Judge not lest ye be judged". I pray every minute to die because this world is evil and cruel. Please God, in the name of Jesus please let me come home. I'm too weary and broken to continue.