Please do not post email addresses, business names, the last names of people, or outside links.

CHRISTIANS HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO REBUKE THE DEVIL....
Unregistered

CHRISTIANS HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO REBUKE THE DEVIL....

..... and it is not biblical if you have studied the Bible.

There are some Christians who believe they not only have the authority to rebuke the devil, but they believe they must be about the business of rebuking him continually. There is no biblical basis for such a belief. It must be remembered that Satan, unlike God, is not omnipresent. He can only be in one place at a time, and the likelihood of his personally harassing individual Christians is miniscule. Of course, he has legions of demons who do his bidding, and they are everywhere seeking to destroy believers’ testimonies. It should be noted here that the Christian cannot be possessed by a demon, in the same way people in the Bible are described as being possessed.

As Christians, we need to be aware of the reality of the presence of evil. As we struggle to stand firm in our faith, we must realize that the enemies we are up against are not merely human ideas, but real forces that come from the powers of darkness. The Bible says, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places" Ephesians 6:12, NAS).

Clearly, God has allowed Satan significant amounts of power and influence over the earth, at least for the time being, and always within God’s sovereign control. The Bible tells us that he prowls around like a lion in search of prey, looking for victims to devour (1 Peter 5:8). Satan is the power at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God (Ephesians 2:2). Anyone who is not under the control of the sovereign God is under the control of the devil (Acts 26:18; 2 Corinthians 4:4). Born-again Christians are no longer enslaved to Satan or to sin (Romans 6:6-7), but this does not mean we are immune to the temptations that he puts before us.

The Bible does not give Christians the authority to rebuke the Devil, but to resist him. James 4:7 (NLT) says to "submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." Zechariah 3:2 tells us that it is the Lord who rebukes Satan. Even Michael, one of the most powerful of the angels, did not dare to accuse Satan, but rather said, "The Lord rebuke you" (Jude 1:9). In response to Satan's attacks, a Christian should hide under the covering of Christ. Instead of focusing on defeating the devil, we should focus on following Christ (Hebrews 12:2) and trust that He will defeat the forces of evil.

It is not necessary for a Christian to rebuke Satan because God has given us His full armor to stand against evil (see Ephesians 6:10-18). The most effective weapons we have against the devil are our faith, wisdom, and knowledge about God and His Word. Even Christ, when tempted by Satan, did not rebuke him but answered him with Scripture (see Matthew 4:1-11). To gain victory in spiritual matters, we must maintain a clear conscience and have control over our thoughts. "For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:3-5).

Satan can quote The Bible Word for Word. But he can't destroy It(The Truth). For him to cause our destruction, he must cause variance in interpretation. And then that grows and grows until we don't know that we are following and believing in lies. We then are willing to die for Satan without having a clue.

The result is many christs, gods, bibles, religions, idols and total confusion of which satan is the author. All of this results in our eternal damnation.

That is why we must First Seek The Leading and Guidance of The Holy Spirit In All Things. And whenever you have some doubt about what The Holy Spirit has Spoken to you, back it up with The Word. They will always agree with Each Other. For satan is very slick and will try to feed you something that seems right but will vary some from the truth.

THERE IS ONLY ONE CREATOR, ONE SAVIOUR, ONE HOLY SPIRIT---THE THREE EQUALING ONE GOD THAT PROVIDES ONE TRUTH AND ONE WAY

all else is satan

God Loves Us

satan hates us

Let us always be on our toes with The Seeking of The Holy Spirit First In All Things. We Can Win within our lives and within the guiding of others according to Gods' Will. Thank you father for this teaching
01-26-2012 12:32 PM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Chris8 Offline
Prayer Warrior
Registered

RE: CHRISTIANS HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO REBUKE THE DEVIL....

13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. (Psalm 91:13,14)

19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.
20 However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.” (Luke 10:19,20
New International Version (NIV))

26 “I baptize with water,” John replied, “but among you stands one you do not know. (John 1:26)

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. (Matthew 22:29)

15 Whoever has ears, let them hear.(Matthew 11:15)

Today are many teachings.But who have a sincerely heart for the King of kings will be so blessed! Thumb Bless

Warrior Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection.For them the second death holds no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him a thousand years.
01-26-2012 03:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Unregistered

U SAY the Lord REBUKES u DEVIL!
01-26-2012 06:40 PM
Unregistered

Don't just quote a liner verse, you have to read the whole chapter to understand the interpretation.

Post #3: I'm glad you are rebuking your god the devil. You are a very angry person. God bless you and your family in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ whom you crucified in your heart. You know what I am talking about. Forgive then you will have peace.
01-26-2012 10:46 PM
abbie Offline
Prayer Warrior
Registered

don't get into it with this guest it is bait
01-26-2012 11:37 PM
atheists.org
Unregistered

there preach it the devil & not take out ur pride & anger @ innocent Christians that are fiting 4 Godly rites. GOD IS OMNIPRESENT LIKE HIS @ THOSE BILLBOARDS CRYING 4 HIS PPL 2 DEFEND HIM WHILE ATHEISTS R CONT. BLASPHEMING HIM N PUBLIC. GET THE CAHONES & GET OUT THERE & PREACH IT TO THE ONE THATS DESTROYING OUR KIDS MARRIAGES NATION & THE WORLD B BLEST & I PRAY THE LORD CONVEY HIS LOVE 2 U
01-27-2012 01:57 AM
Unregistered

Thought this wud touch a cord w/u obvious ur NOT operating in the HS w/ur reations Devil Cant devide himself & cast himself out. I NEVER SEE U PRAYING! FITE HE DEVIL & NOT US i pray the lord gives u descernment Guts to fite who u really need to this is Gods Warefare pray for those on Front Lines THE BATTLES ALREADY BEEN WON amen covered X THE BLOOD! IS.54:17
01-27-2012 02:49 PM
CitoMeepe
Unregistered

Photo -: A 19th century Chinese export, baluster shaped lamp,on one occasion an altar vase and to converted into an all in one lamp, probably in the 1920's. The lamp boldly coloured,with a white colored pea environment friendly arena colour -- decorated so that you have branches of shaded, pink peony flowers,buds and also foliage. icamtech.com
06-20-2013 07:58 PM
Unregistered

(01-26-2012 03:26 PM)Chris8 Wrote:  13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. (Psalm 91:13,14)

19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.
20 However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.” (Luke 10:19,20
New International Version (NIV))

26 “I baptize with water,” John replied, “but among you stands one you do not know. (John 1:26)

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. (Matthew 22:29)

15 Whoever has ears, let them hear.(Matthew 11:15)

Today are many teachings.But who have a sincerely heart for the King of kings will be so blessed! Thumb Bless
AMEN! AND LORD SAYS, SO WE SAY...GET BEHIND ME SATAN TO THE WORLD THAT IS COMING AGAINST GOD'S PEOPLE TO TRY TO DESTROY OUR LIFE FAMILIES HOMES BLESSINGS PROSPERITY HOPE JOY PEACE HEALTH. THE LORD REBUKE YOU!!!
HE HAS GIVEN US POWER TO CAST OUT DEMONS IN HIS NAME AND THAT ARE TRYING TO COME AGAINST THE PROSPERITY OF HIS SAINTS. HE WILL AVENGE US AMEN!!! 2cor.10:4-18 Eph.6 Is.54 Ps.91,23
06-21-2013 04:51 AM
Chris8 Offline
Prayer Warrior
Registered

17 "And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 "they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover." (Mark 16:17,18)

Warrior Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection.For them the second death holds no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him a thousand years.
06-21-2013 07:00 AM

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.