Please do not post email addresses, business names, the last names of people, or outside links.

BINDING AND LOOSING PRAYERS
Unregistered

BINDING AND LOOSING PRAYERS

Who can bind? If you have put your faith in Jesus Christ, you have his power and authority to bind evil and loose God's plans in any situation.

Why do we bind? Jesus commented on the need for binding evil in Matthew 12:29. Jesus explained that we must first bind the strongman before we can plunder his house. When we are facing an evil stronghold in life, we must first use our inherited authority as children of God to bind the evil forces involved. After that, we can loose, or call forth God's plans for restoration.

What happens when we bind? Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them" Matthew 18:18-20 NIV
(see Matthew 16:19 for an additional reference).

When we bind something, we declare it unlawful (or evil) based on God's word. Because we stand as co-heirs in Jesus Christ, we have his authority to execute this judgment on the forces of evil (Psalm 149:5-9). Our faith in God's word releases the power from heaven that binds (or ties up) the evil we are facing. Similarly, when we loose something on earth, we "permit and declare [it] proper and lawful on earth" based on the scriptures. Everything that we loose or bind must be in accordance with God's word.

Example applications of binding and loosing prayers

Binding the enemy's plans; loosing God's plans

This is based on the Lord's prayer in Matthew 6:10. First we bind the plans of evil in the situation we are facing in the name of Jesus Christ. Then, we call forth God's will to be done on earth as it is in heaven.

"Father in heaven, I stand in faith on the authority I have as a believer in Jesus Christ, and a co-heir to his kingdom. In the name of Jesus Christ, I bind every evil spirit and every evil plan made in this situation. I cancel the enemy's plans and call forth God's plans for this situation. God's word says that God has plans for good and not evil (Jeremiah 29:11) for us and I claim those plans now. Father, I ask that your will be done in this situation, as it is done in heaven. I give thanks and praise to you. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

Simple Binding Prayer:

"Father God, I thank you for sending your Son Jesus to die for me, and resurrecting him to sit at your right hand in Heaven right now. I thank you for bestowing upon Him all power and authority over evil. In the name of Jesus Christ, I speak to any evil spirits, especially spirits of *___________ (fill in the blank), I bind you from attacking me now and throughout this day. Leave me now and go straight to Jesus Christ who will deal with you. I am covered and protected by the blood of Jesus Christ. Amen."

*Note that evil spirits often have specific functions and names. Examples of evil spirits include lust, adultery, pride, despair, strife, anger, unforgiveness, discouragement, condemnation, shame, hate, envy, covetousness, idolatry, homosexuality, suicide, obsession, oppression, domination, control and witchcraft. These are just a few of the many possible spirits.

The Blood of Jesus Christ is a powerful weapon for protection from the enemy's attacks. The following prayer is a good one to pray before starting the day:

"Lord, I cover myself and everyone around me with the blood of Jesus. I cover all of the members of my family (call them by name) with the blood of Jesus. I cover my home, my land, my car, my finances, my marriage, my ministry, with the blood of Jesus. In the Name of Jesus Christ, by the power of His blood, I break off every power of the kingdom of darkness and cancel every argument in heaven that has established itself against the plans of God in my life and spoil every attack of the enemy. I call forth, in the name of Jesus, all of God's plans and purposes for my life, and my family. As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord. Satan, the blood of Jesus is against you and you have no authority over my life. NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST ME (OR MY FAMILY) SHALL PROSPER!"
07-08-2012 06:20 PM
Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Dawn1 Offline
Member Plus
Member Plus

RE: BINDING AND LOOSING PRAYERS

PSALM 31:14-15- "BUT I TRUST IN YOU, O LORD; I SAY, "YOU ARE MY GOD." MY TIMES ARE IN YOUR HANDS, DELIVER ME FROM MY ENEMIES AND FROM THOSE WHO PURSUE ME.

LORD, I TRUST THAT YOU ARE PROTECTING ME. YOU WHAT'S BEST FOR ME. EACH DAY I AM GROWING TO PUT ALL OF MY TIMES IN YOUR HANS. THOUGH IT IS NOT ALWAYS EASY FOR ME. I KNOW AM NOT PERFECT. I'M NOT A SUPER-CHRISTIAN. HOWEVER, I TRUELY LOVE YOU. THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVE, GRACE, MERCY, AND MY SALVATION. I THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ALL OF MY BLESSINGS AS WELL AS EVERYONE ON HERE. IN JESUS NAME I PRAY. AMEN
07-13-2012 02:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Unregistered

We need to pray this prayer above for the demonic activities on this site in Jesus' name.
04-23-2013 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Amen! We have the victory in Christ Jesus.
04-25-2013 04:10 AM
Unregistered

Praises Lord!
04-30-2013 03:57 AM
Delie
Unregistered

It is necessary to keep this type of prayer in mind because there are times when other types of prayer will not work, except we using the autority given unto us by the Lord Jesus Christ to deal with the power of evil/evil forces.
09-02-2013 02:27 PM
Unregistered

If you can bind him for an hour, you can bind him for a day or a year or forever. If you can bind him in a situation, than you can bind him for every situation for the rest of your life... We simply do not have the authority to bind Satan or demonic forces. When stuck in besetting sin or when confronted with temptation, we should stand on the truth of Gods word as did Jesus (luke 4) and Paul (2 Cor 12). When fellow believers are under attack, we should encourage them to repent of any known sin, to stand firm in the faith (truth of what God has said) do what God has ordained (obediance) and resist, intrusting ourselves to the Lord who alone has the ability to rebuke and bind Satan.
A simple study of the passages mentioned above will show that the authority to bind and loose (permit and forbid) was given to church leadership for administration and church discipline. There is no reference to taking authoritiy over Satanic forces in these passages. Look at the literal translation of the verse " whatsoever you bind on earth shall HAVE BEEN bound in heaven" its the same as Jesus' words "thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven" We do not, ever, do something on earth and than expect God to submit to our request in heaven... Rather leadership permits and forbids based on what God in heaven had already decreed.
This is a false teaching designed to make the believer feel that they can control the circumstances of life with god-like powers. Its is the same lie offered to eve in the garden (you will be like God) Submit thyself to the Lord, trust also in Him and He shall bring it to pass
05-28-2014 07:05 AM
Unregistered

(05-28-2014 07:05 AM)Guest Wrote:  : http://www.24hourprayer.com/forum/showthread.php?pid=140569#pid140569If you can bind him for an hour, you can bind him for a day or a year or forever. If you can bind him in a situation, than you can bind him for every situation for the rest of your life... We simply do not have the authority to bind Satan or demonic forces. When stuck in besetting sin or when confronted with temptation, we should stand on the truth of Gods word as did Jesus (luke 4) and Paul (2 Cor 12). When fellow believers are under attack, we should encourage them to repent of any known sin, to stand firm in the faith (truth of what God has said) do what God has ordained (obediance) and resist, intrusting ourselves to the Lord who alone has the ability to rebuke and bind Satan.
A simple study of the passages mentioned above will show that the authority to bind and loose (permit and forbid) was given to church leadership for administration and church discipline. There is no reference to taking authoritiy over Satanic forces in these passages. Look at the literal translation of the verse " whatsoever you bind on earth shall HAVE BEEN bound in heaven" its the same as Jesus' words "thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven" We do not, ever, do something on earth and than expect God to submit to our request in heaven... Rather leadership permits and forbids based on what God in heaven had already decreed.
This is a false teaching designed to make the believer feel that they can control the circumstances of life with god-like powers. Its is the same lie offered to eve in the garden (you will be like God) Submit thyself to the Lord, trust also in Him and He shall bring it to pass

It is obvious you are not a Born-Again Christian. You come from a religious background so your interpretation are different. God has given us authority to bind demons through our Lord Jesus' Christ. Ask the Holy Spirit for understanding of God's Word and not man.
06-20-2014 04:02 PM
Unregistered

i prayed these binding prayers and with the last one on there i got chills i know Jesus will protect me and my family thank you for making this site . The Lord is my shield amen in Jesus name.
07-25-2014 11:25 AM
Unregistered

We do have the authority through Jesus Christ people perish because of the lack of knowledge! Before we begin to study the word we must pray for understanding, clarity, revelation.....
09-15-2014 03:33 PM

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.